Will be returning

Gem Lover

Will be returning

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

The Moissanite items I ordered during the smack down came in today but they are being returned. One item was a pair of hoop earrings in gold over but the gold color is so brassy looking it looks major fake, when I put them near my real gold they look really bad. They remind me of some of the gold bond stainless steel items that I have purchased. The other was two of the V shape band rings, the bands are cheaply made and look cheap and the stones are tiny. For the price I would rather stick to my Zircon which is real or CZ, my $14.99 swarvoski hoops that I got from here are much nicer, I love those and the stones look just as good as the moissanite ones without that ugly gold color. I have other gold over items from here and they look real, nothing like these moissanite earring they are very close to my real gold.
6 x

RS

Re: Will be returning

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
The Moissanite items I ordered during the smack down came in today but they are being returned. One item was a pair of hoop earrings in gold over but the gold color is so brassy looking it looks major fake, when I put them near my real gold they look really bad. They remind me of some of the gold bond stainless steel items that I have purchased. The other was two of the V shape band rings, the bands are cheaply made and look cheap and the stones are tiny. For the price I would rather stick to my Zircon which is real or CZ, my $14.99 swarvoski hoops that I got from here are much nicer, I love those and the stones look just as good as the moissanite ones without that ugly gold color. I have other gold over items from here and they look real, nothing like these moissanite earring they are very close to my real gold.
I am so sorry ☹️. It’s good that your reviews here are very detailed. I certainly hope that SLC takes your words to heart.

I ordered a blue asscher cut ring when they first aired moissanite a couple of months ago. I love love it. And at that time I also got two half eternity bands in PT over. I got those because after (temporarily) losing one of my REAL 2 carat diamond half eternity bands (worn on each side of engagement ring) under the seat in my car...I got these to wear for running errands, etc. The moissanite bands are nice and sparkle. But wish the stones were larger.

I just received one from the show last week. A blue round center cut with a wavy split band with small stones in RG over. LOVE IT! the color of the blue is stunning and everything sparkles.

I have on the way a champagne and white moissanite ring in RG over from here as well. I hope that one is a nice as my others.

The only thing with all three of these rings is I wish the center Stone was larger. Still pretty and good quality.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@RS Happy you got some nice items that you like. If I would have ordered the earrings in silver they would have been fine but the gold was horrible, not like my other gold over silver items I have purchased. I love rose gold but I have been reluctant to buy it because some of my rose gold from here has turned color like it is tarnishing but the rose gold got almost like an orange tinge to it and some of these still have the tag on them. I noticed someone else on here mentioned the same thing recently. It is not all of them but a few have done this and they were items that were over $200. I tried cleaning them but it did not help. I was wondering how the colored moisanite was, it looked very pretty on air.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@RS Happy you got some nice items that you like. If I would have ordered the earrings in silver they would have been fine but the gold was horrible, not like my other gold over silver items I have purchased. I love rose gold but I have been reluctant to buy it because some of my rose gold from here has turned color like it is tarnishing but the rose gold got almost like an orange tinge to it and some of these still have the tag on them. I noticed someone else on here mentioned the same thing recently. It is not all of them but a few have done this and they were items that were over $200. I tried cleaning them but it did not help. I was wondering how the colored moisanite was, it looked very pretty on air.
I haven’t had any of my rose gold turn color. Knock on wood!

I really love the colored moissanite. Can’t wait to see the champagne one!
4 x