I am now convinced

RS

Re: I am now convinced

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
RS:.... mine are to SMALL, little clear tag on bottom of boot says euro 39 is a size 7. Wonder why The host didn’t do her homework??? Really F. S. 😡. She held a home aid chart up. WAY OFF.
I thought the clear tag said euro 39 is a size 8 USA size? Either way they are sized incorrectly. Hence the deal SLC got them for.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@RS

Until recently a 38.5 was a size 8. Now a 41 is a size 8 women's shoe. I just researched this for another purpose not long ago,
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@RS

Until recently a 38.5 was a size 8. Now a 41 is a size 8 women's shoe. I just researched this for another purpose not long ago,
Well now...They showed a chart that actually said those boots, in a size 39 was 8.5-9
So their chart was incorrect.
My shoes and sandals that I already have are all 39 but must be from before the change. I think the newest pair (bought last year I think) is a pair of Alegria sandals and they are a 39 and fit perfectly. And perfectly for me is not smashed toes and no tight shoes. I simply cannot stand shoes that are small. Or even touch my feet sometimes. 😃
But these boots are wayyyy too small, too short. Width was fine.

Thanks for that info. Now I know going forward what size to get 🥰🥰
4 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

methinks asian sizing coming into play?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
Perhaps...

But manufacturers who make and market shoes for the American foot need to use shoe lasts that are correctly scaled.

Shoe lasts used for Asian sizes are much smaller. I know that sizes vary widely but these boots weren’t just a tad short...oh no...just way too short. Held up against my other, more expensive shoes and sandals they were very short.
Price also may be a factor here.
Last edited by RS 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
Perhaps...

But manufacturers who make and market shoes for the American foot need to use shoes lasts that are correctly scaled.

Shoe lasts used for Asian sizes are much smaller. I know that sizes vary widely but these boots weren’t just a tad short...oh no...just way too short. Held up against my other, more expensive shoes and sandals they were very short.
hmmmm maybe because shop lc didn't pay top price the sizes were 'correspondingly' smaller? heeheeheee
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
Perhaps...

But manufacturers who make and market shoes for the American foot need to use shoes lasts that are correctly scaled.

hmmmm maybe because shop lc didn't pay top price the sizes were 'correspondingly' smaller? heeheeheee
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It could be precisely that. Very often merch. bought as closeouts are items that are not up to par in some way. Mis-sized, bad dye lot, sewn incorrectly, etc. etc. That is one reason why the closeout is priced so low. Usually pennies on the dollar.
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

All’s I know is I’m p. O. 😡.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
All’s I know is I’m p. O. 😡.
I know. I’m really sorry. These are cute but the sizing issue is ridiculous. I hope the ones I reordered fit. I hope they actually ship!

You know..,I have been buying most of my clothing and shoes online for about 20 years now (wow, hasn’t realized it had been that long) and have gotten really good at knowing what sizes to order. I almost never have to return any of those items I order. I can’t recall the last time in fact.

Well daughter is pleased anyway.
4 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@RS you referred to " shoe lasts" . What is that?
1 x