30% off - doesn't make sense, some items are, others not

CC

30% off - doesn't make sense, some items are, others not

Post by CC » 4 years ago

While I appreciate shoplc adding additional 30% off coupon codes I find their method to madness confusing. Some Bali pieces 30% off, some not, some GP Perez pieces 30% off, some not. Some diamonds 30% off, some not.. In order to see what is 30% off you mean to tell me someone has to look at their whole inventory to see what item has a 30% off coupon code. Maybe just me, doesn't make any sense. Should be consistent. Frustrating.
6 x

Lauren

Re: 30% off - doesn't make sense, some items are, others not

Post by Lauren » 4 years ago

Agreed! An item I want was 20% off yesterday and not on sale at all today. Makes no sense
5 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
While I appreciate shoplc adding additional 30% off coupon codes I find their method to madness confusing. Some Bali pieces 30% off, some not, some GP Perez pieces 30% off, some not. Some diamonds 30% off, some not.. In order to see what is 30% off you mean to tell me someone has to look at their whole inventory to see what item has a 30% off coupon code. Maybe just me, doesn't make any sense. Should be consistent. Frustrating.
Thank you for your feedback. Our Marketing department selects the items that are eligible for each discount and there are many factors that go on in the background that determines whether or not an item will be offered with a promo code.

When you are scanning through the thumbnail images of our product, all eligible items will show a little banner saying "Save XX%, use code XXX!" underneath the image. Please see attached image for an example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

Even if you click on the "shop now" button near the promo banner, it still brings up many items that aren't included in the promo sale. Only eligible items should show when you click on that link.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I’ve brought this up to them several times. A few times I have actually wanted the same exact item shown in the display banner advertising 30% off. Guess what?....that one wasn’t eligible. Not good, not good.
3 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Thank you moderator Stephanie for your reply. Unsatisfactory but thanks anyway. I absolutely know when I click on an item that if it does not have that banner no percentage off. That was not the point of my post. My post says your use of coupon codes does not make any sense. If some diamonds have code,why not all. If some GP Perez items have codes, why not all GP Perez items. If some Bali pieces have code, why not all Bali. Point being let's say I want a new diamond ring. Do I have to open individually every diamond ring you have showing on website to see which ones have the code to get best value. Answer is YES. Doesn't make sense to me.
4 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Then there are items that were the same price for over a week mysteriously increase in price and now the 30% discount is applied. Then items on your wishlist disappear and then reappear. What in the world is going on...I think the hand writing is on the wall for me. I enjoy shopping at Shop LC but lately things have been going down hill. I hope for future customers sake things change for the better.
5 x

Mag

Post by Mag » 4 years ago

I TOTALLY agree.... that items in a section that are SUPPOSED to be a 30% category are NOT all IN that 30% category. I finally noticed that little bitty print that says EXCLUSIONS APPLY.... They should not be there if they don't qualify for 30% off... I'm sure they're included to bring everyones attention to them, which I've learned to now WATCH for, but it makes it much more difficult and time consuming to look for something in particular. In my opinion, they need to make it EXCLUSIVELY a list of items that are in the category that applies to the % OFF FOR THAT DAY. No matter how hard you try, there is always going to be an item that doesn't qualify. PLUS, I don't understand why an item that is swarovski crystal tanzanite would be excluded from that list and doesn't have " 30% Off! Use code jewels30" on it. My impression is that NOTHING with the word TANZANITE in the name is going on sale & is in that category while there is ANY possibility that it will sell at regular price, simply because it has the word TANZANITE in the name. It's FAKE, for Goodness Sake. I can understand with REAL tanzanite, really and truly, but FAKE tanzanite? Good Grief!
4 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 4 years ago

I'm to the point where I wonder if a call to Federal Trade Commission is in order. Their pricing is all over the place and sometimes, IMO, very deceptive. An item will be, say, $9.99, then reduced to, say $7.49, then 6.49 with a discount, then up to 8.99, down again, and back to full price of 9.99. And don't get me started on so-called clearance items that "are not eligible for discounts" ... I track items I'm interested in and yes, indeed, clearance items are available for discounts. (Not as much as they used to be, tho.)

Case in point: There's a 5-stone ring in silvertone that was put into clearance at $0.90. Then it was offered with a 30% discount. Then when it still didn't sell, the price went up to 2.99!!! (I think it's back down to $0.90 now, LOL)

At no other establishment do I see items that are on clearance go UP in price when they don't sell out. Instead, they continue until sold or they go DOWN further.

Caveat emptor ... buyer beware. Don't believe their prices nor their explanations regarding prices.
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
4 years ago
I'm to the point where I wonder if a call to Federal Trade Commission is in order. Their pricing is all over the place and sometimes, IMO, very deceptive. An item will be, say, $9.99, then reduced to, say $7.49, then 6.49 with a discount, then up to 8.99, down again, and back to full price of 9.99. And don't get me started on so-called clearance items that "are not eligible for discounts" ... I track items I'm interested in and yes, indeed, clearance items are available for discounts. (Not as much as they used to be, tho.)

Case in point: There's a 5-stone ring in silvertone that was put into clearance at $0.90. Then it was offered with a 30% discount. Then when it still didn't sell, the price went up to 2.99!!! (I think it's back down to $0.90 now, LOL)

At no other establishment do I see items that are on clearance go UP in price when they don't sell out. Instead, they continue until sold or they go DOWN further.

Caveat emptor ... buyer beware. Don't believe their prices nor their explanations regarding prices.

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We deeply apologize for any disappointment regarding prices changes. Our prices are subject to change on a daily basis depending on different sales and promotions that we are running. We have forwarded your comment to the proper teams responsible, so they can look further into this. Thank you again for your feedback, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
0 x