"Let them...

Post Reply
Jacee
Posts: 628
Joined: 1 year ago

"Let them...

Post by Jacee » 1 year ago

Eat cake"...

Chocolate cake, in particular!

Wed., Jan. 27 is National Chocolate 🍮Cake Day

While it is believed that the world's first chocolate cake
was baked around the late 1800s after
Bostonian Dr. James Baker discovered that one could grind cocoa
using a water powered mill.

Since then, chocolate cake has rightfully become its own category
of chocolate cake with many styles baked and consumed around the world.🌎🌍

Some of the more popular types include German chocolate, Black Forest,
Chocolate fudge and molten lava cake.

Today is the day " to bake your chocolate cake...
Milk chocolate, dark chocolate,fudge or any type of chocolate"...
and eat it, too"! ;)

Did you know...the word Chocolate comes from
the Aztec word xocotal meaning "bitter water".
10 x

anniebelle
Posts: 3137
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by anniebelle » 1 year ago

I just ran into our chef and advised him that today is chocolate cake day. He missed the mark on That one. Our dessert today is "Jo's Famous DumpCake". I'll be eating ice cream. :lol: :lol: :lol:
7 x

User avatar
RS
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by RS » 1 year ago

I have leftover b-day cake. Not chocolate though....pink champagne!
6 x

anniebelle
Posts: 3137
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by anniebelle » 1 year ago

RS wrote:
1 year ago
I have leftover b-day cake. Not chocolate though....pink champagne!
Who's birthday? Pink champagne cake??? :lol:
5 x

Jacee
Posts: 628
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by Jacee » 1 year ago

A:...I think "dump cake"...can be Chocolate.

RS..Belated H-B....hope it was a good one
Last edited by Jacee 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

anniebelle
Posts: 3137
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by anniebelle » 1 year ago

Jacee wrote:
1 year ago
A:...I think "dump cake"...can be Chocolate.

RS..Belated H-B....hope it was a good one!
I, too, had mine earlier this month.
And celebrated " with Chocolate" :D

Never heard of pink champagne.?!?
Is that " a family 'thing'?
Once I think Jo did make a Black Forest DumpCake!!! I keep telling her we, I, want another one!! It was so yummy!!
7 x

User avatar
RS
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by RS » 1 year ago

anniebelle wrote:
1 year ago
RS wrote:
1 year ago
I have leftover b-day cake. Not chocolate though....pink champagne!
Who's birthday? Pink champagne cake??? :lol:
It was mine and YES!!! Pink champagne cake with pink champagne rosette frosting and little sugar pearls. The cake was so cute! A mini cake. Large enough for several people. I didn’t want a big cake because I really don’t do sugar, only rarely and just a bit.
6 x

User avatar
RS
Posts: 5488
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by RS » 1 year ago

Jacee wrote:
1 year ago
A:...I think "dump cake"...can be Chocolate.

RS..Belated H-B....hope it was a good one!
I, too, had mine earlier this month.
And celebrated " with Chocolate" :D

Never heard of pink champagne.?!?
Is that " a family 'thing'?
I’ve made dump cake before several different ways. Black Forest is a good one. The traditional is also good and so is pumpkin!

And thank you jacee🥰🥰 I was very very nice, albeit without seeing my children. 🥺

And it’s not a family thing. Just one that I happen to like. From a really good bakery here💞💞
6 x

anniebelle
Posts: 3137
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by anniebelle » 1 year ago

@RS What did you get for your birthday? That Turkizite ring?
6 x

Ariana
Posts: 310
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: "Let them...

Post by Ariana » 1 year ago

RS wrote:
1 year ago
anniebelle wrote:
1 year ago
RS wrote:
1 year ago
I have leftover b-day cake. Not chocolate though....pink champagne!
Who's birthday? Pink champagne cake??? :lol:
It was mine and YES!!! Pink champagne cake with pink champagne rosette frosting and little sugar pearls. The cake was so cute! A mini cake. Large enough for several people. I didn’t want a big cake because I really don’t do sugar, only rarely and just a bit.
RS, Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a good one and i wish you many more!

Ariana
5 x

Post Reply