Other goodies received

anniebelle

Re: Other goodies received

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle No I have not tried that one, but I went online to check out all the body sprays they have. After I use up the Vince, I will try more. They also have Bob Mackie, Vicky Tiel, Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, and more, so I'd definitely like to try them. What have you tried and do you recommend? The Vince Signature is very fresh smelling with a floral dry down.
The only one I have received yet was Diamond Diana. Bought the tiny rollon at Christmas, liked it so much I ordered the large bottle. Have several others that are due to deliver today I think. I want to get Blushing, but it keeps going out of stock.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle No I have not tried that one, but I went online to check out all the body sprays they have. After I use up the Vince, I will try more. They also have Bob Mackie, Vicky Tiel, Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, and more, so I'd definitely like to try them. What have you tried and do you recommend? The Vince Signature is very fresh smelling with a floral dry down.
The only one I have received yet was Diamond Diana. Bought the tiny rollon at Christmas, liked it so much I ordered the large bottle. Have several others that are due to deliver today I think. I want to get Blushing, but it keeps going out of stock.
I bought the same Diana. I don’t like it at first but love the dry-down. It lingers very pleasantly. I am happy I got the blushing in the big size. In my stocking for Christmas I got the set of three small bottles of each Norell too.
Elixir is in DH’s stash....shhhhhh.....

Ohh..,I also have those roll on accords on the way.
3 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

My post is still in moderation because I added pictures - so I'll go ahead and give the skinny on my new perfumes I received yesterday.

I'm in love with Norell's Blushing! It's to die for and it may nudge out Jean Patau's "Joy" for my favorite - but truly I do love both! I have yet to try Norell's "Elixir" except just a sniff and it's very nice and I will love it if it works for me after I spray it on which I haven't yet. BUT....

The Blushing "top" the glass (?) top has a hairline fracture in it and that totally bums me out. Part of the fun of owning perfume, to me, are the beautiful bottles. I'm not pleased with this at all and I've included pictures of it in my post (yet to be approved) to show it. I don't know if I can return for a replacement (haven't had time to find out) or not. BUT....

The Elixir's top is defective too! It's very very loose and wiggles on the bottle! It does not sit snug like it should.

What are the chances that I get two wonderful perfumes and BOTH have defective tops??? I'm so disappointed.

The bottom line, I'm in love with Blushing and hopefully, I will love the Elixir.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Ariana wrote:
3 years ago
My post is still in moderation because I added pictures - so I'll go ahead and give the skinny on my new perfumes I received yesterday.

I'm in love with Norell's Blushing! It's to die for and it may nudge out Jean Patau's "Joy" for my favorite - but truly I do love both! I have yet to try Norell's "Elixir" except just a sniff and it's very nice and I will love it if it works for me after I spray it on which I haven't yet. BUT....

The Blushing "top" the glass (?) top has a hairline fracture in it and that totally bums me out. Part of the fun of owning perfume, to me, are the beautiful bottles. I'm not pleased with this at all and I've included pictures of it in my post (yet to be approved) to show it. I don't know if I can return for a replacement (haven't had time to find out) or not. BUT....

The Elixir's top is defective too! It's very very loose and wiggles on the bottle! It does not sit snug like it should.

What are the chances that I get two wonderful perfumes and BOTH have defective tops??? I'm so disappointed.

The bottom line, I'm in love with Blushing and hopefully, I will love the Elixir.
Do you think they were damaged in shipping? I haven’t opened the package of my Blushing yet. Yikes.

That is really too bad...yes part of the fun is the bottle!
2 x

Ariana

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Ariana wrote:
3 years ago

Do you think they were damaged in shipping? I haven’t opened the package of my Blushing yet. Yikes.

I don't know how it got the fracture because it is in it's own box, with cellophane, then in ShopLC's box! A thought was that maybe these were purchased by ShopLC as "defective" from Norell and that's why the price is so much lower than retail? It has to be yes, as I really don't know how BOTH bottle tops are defective. I would check yours RS.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Ariana wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
Ariana wrote:
3 years ago

I don't know how it got the fracture because it is in it's own box, with cellophane, then in ShopLC's box! A thought was that maybe these were purchased by ShopLC as "defective" from Norell and that's why the price is so much lower than retail? It has to be yes, as I really don't know how BOTH bottle tops are defective. I would check yours RS.
I will!!!!
And you may be on to something. Recall my post regarding closeouts?
2 x

Ariana

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Ariana wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago

I will!!!!
And you may be on to something. Recall my post regarding closeouts?
yep, yep, I remember. If this was so, I would understand if ShopLC disclosed it!
2 x

Ariana

Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
I believe you have just found the reason they were able to scoop some of them to sell. I am going to stick to the body sprays because they are lighter in scent, plus if they don't smell good, I have only spent 10.00 lol. My favorite body spray is Amazing Grace, but if I wear the heavy perfumes I like Tresor, Oscar or Channel No. 5. They even make a lighter version of the Channel No. 5 in toilette spray? It is very affordable, also. Sorry your bottles were damaged, but if you can't replace, maybe they will still look pretty on your vanity.
shhhh, I won't be devastated if ShopLC doesn't step up to the plate and replace them because I love Blushing. Elixir so far smells nice on a tissue - I will try later when I'm home in case I don't like it then I can wash it off - but the defects are very disappointing.

I am happy to have found two perfumes I love (even if Elixir doesn't work) - "JOY" and "Blushing" - I'll update later on Elixir but at first "sniff" is it smells very spicy but light! I hope it works too.
1 x