Cashmere Scarf

anniebelle

Cashmere Scarf

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Is anyone familiar with these scarves? If not these, with cashmere as a whole. First, I am or was allergic to wool. Think these would be a problem? Also, they are saying these are machine washable!!! Is that right?? I just don't want extra dry cleaning bills.
2 x

Jacee

Re: Cashmere Scarf

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

Hi! A..Have one..really like
Not bought here.
Already had.
So don't know what tmo say about theirs(Shlc).

Maybe someone else can advise.
Last edited by Jacee 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

I have many cashmere items. Scarves and sweaters from when I worked for the Federal government. If the tag does not say dry clean only you can wash in a washing machine on the gentle cycle with warm water. Use a gentle detergent such as Woolite. DO NOT use fabric softener because that can cause your cashmere fibers to have pilling problems. Also do not put in the dryer. Scarves can be draped on a clothes hanger to dry or dried flat on towel. They dry pretty fast. Does this help?
5 x

anniebelle

Sissy2 wrote:
3 years ago
I have many cashmere items. Scarves and sweaters from when I worked for the Federal government. If the tag does not say dry clean only you can wash in a washing machine on the gentle cycle with warm water. Use a gentle detergent such as Woolite. DO NOT use fabric softener because that can cause your cashmere fibers to have pilling problems. Also do not put in the dryer. Scarves can be draped on a clothes hanger to dry or dried flat on towel. They dry pretty fast. Does this help?
Very much so. SLC's website says Machine Washable so hope the tag does too! Now, to just choose which beautiful color. Or colors! :lol:
3 x

Jacee

A...All the colors were lovely...I guess it's your preference.
I thought the purple looked " royal". ;)
4 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

I was tempted, but since I already bought the Merino Wool scarf, I'm sticking with that. I wash my cashmere stuff in the washer too, but always in a lingerie bag and hang to dry. I've been doing that for years, because I hate the smell of Dry Cleaning chemicals.
4 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

I just realized I didn't address the allergy part of your post. I am not allergic to wool so I called a friend of mine who is. She said it depends on if the lanolin in the wool is the problem. She is allergic to lanolin and cannot wear any lotions or potions with that in it. She cannot wear any kind of wool even cashmere. Her brother however cannot wear most wool because of the coarseness of the fibers. He can wear Merino, Cashmere and Alpaca because the fibers are finer. So I guess my answer is I don't know.
Last edited by Sissy2 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Jacee

A: Since you've gotten such good responses/info/advise...
Are you going to order? And, if so, which color did you choose?
3 x

anniebelle

Jacee wrote:
3 years ago
A...All the colors were lovely...I guess it's your preference.
I thought the purple looked " royal". ;)
J....I'm torn between the bright pink and the ocean blue!!! Choices, choices!
2 x

Jacee

A: You WILL choose "the right one" & ♥️💖💗 it!
3 x