Vaccine booster...

RS

Vaccine booster...

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Just got notified that Paladin and I will be getting our second shot on Sat. the 13th.

He is figuring that he will feel badly for a few days. No idea about me but I will plan ahead in case we both are affected. Make a big pot of a light on the tummy soup. Chop bird food for several days worth ahead of time...etc., etc..

@anniebelle ...I forget....I could search but I will just ask.
Didn’t you get your second one? Were you adversely affected? I hope not 🥺

My son gets his second shot today. I am certain he will be fine, strong as an ox he is at only 27. (27 on the 7th!)
4 x

anniebelle

Re: Vaccine booster...

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Just got notified that Paladin and I will be getting our second shot on Sat. the 13th.

He is figuring that he will feel badly for a few days. No idea about me but I will plan ahead in case we both are affected. Make a big pot of a light on the tummy soup. Chop bird food for several days worth ahead of time...etc., etc..

My son gets his second shot today. I am certain he will be fine, strong as an ox he is at only 27. (27 on the 7th!)
My only problem was I woke up the next day, every muscle in my body hurt!!! Badly! Started wearing off all day, next morning all gone! Some people here had severe chills and achyness.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago

My only problem was I woke up the next day, every muscle in my body hurt!!! Badly! Started wearing off all day, next morning all gone! Some people here had severe chills and achyness.
Was that after your SECOND shot? Paladin felt awful after the first. Not me though.
5 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago

Was that after your SECOND shot? Paladin felt awful after the first. Not me though.
Yes, the second which is typically the worst.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Yes it is! I am so glad you came through great! A bit of soreness and that was it.

But we apparently still have to wear masks for a time.
5 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Yes it is! I am so glad you came through great! A bit of soreness and that was it.

We have been told that it takes two weeks for the vaccine to be effective. So at least that long. I still think I would wear a mask for a L O N G time in public, especially crowds. I personally don't want to risk it.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago

We have been told that it takes two weeks for the vaccine to be effective. So at least that long. I still think I would wear a mask for a L O N G time in public, especially crowds. I personally don't want to risk it.

Same! What I want most is to be with our kids!
4 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

After the second had headache and fatigue for one day then I felt fine. It seems that a bunch of side effects occur depending on which brand you get. The Pfizer appears to have less side effects, but it also has to do with the individual’s immune system. I think mask will be part of our routine for quite some time.
5 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

My resident medical expert says that your protection does not kick in until two weeks after your second dose. She further states that you should still wear a mask after that unless you are only in the presence of other fully vaccinated persons. The reason for this being while you are unlikely to get a case of Coid19 you can still be a transmitter to unprotected people just like those who are asymptomatic.
8 x

anniebelle

That might be the thinking behind our facility's next move. They are opening us up to visitors next week. With restrictions, of course! Only residents who have completed two vaccines, waited two week period. Only allowed to go directly to resident's apartment, wear masks while there, practice social distancing. No eating allowed.

Seems to me it's hard to reinforce these rules. Is there going to be more Covid cases now? Somehow I think there will be.
4 x