Rhapsody and other Fine Jewelry

MsTabbyKats

Rhapsody and other Fine Jewelry

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased "quality" jewelry? 18K, platinum, VS diamonds etc?
I'm looking for feedback.
Was whatever you bought the quality as presented?
I'm looking at a ring that I like, good price...but based on my purchases with "things a little better than costume" I have doubts.

TIA
9 x

RS

Re: Rhapsody and other Fine Jewelry

Post by RS » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
Has anyone purchased "quality" jewelry? 18K, platinum, VS diamonds etc?
I'm looking for feedback.
Was whatever you bought the quality as presented?
I'm looking at a ring that I like, good price...but based on my purchases with "things a little better than costume" I have doubts.

TIA
I have quite a few Iliana and Rhapsody pieces. Tanzanite, Boyaca emerald, Pink sapphire, and I can’t recall what else at the moment. (I happen to know a Rhapsody Turkizite is stashed away for me shhhhh.....👀)

But to your question. The Iliana and Rhapsody pieces are FAR AND AWAY much much much better quality than the “everyday” items that are sold at SLC. The diamonds are good quality as are the main stones and settings.

All have appraised for much much higher than purchased and all have been insured.

I hope I have answered your question. 🥰🥰🥰
8 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
Hello there! Could this be my friend from elsewhere? If so, I will never give it away, I promise! To give you a hint, I am a Rolltider from Alabama, and I love SB turq, tourmaline and diamonds lol. I have purchased a Burma ruby in 18k with double diamond halo here. The price was decent, and the ring is very pretty, but if you are who I think, you are also aware that just because it is Burma, doesn't mean most beautiful, as they have alot of silk in them and are not as transparent most times. To get a transparent one would cost a good bit of money. But, for what it is, I am satisfied. It is not opaque, just not as translucent as it could be. They have alot of tanzanite deals here, but I do not care for tanzanite and have not purchased. I am sure someone else will happen along that has purchased the tanzanite and can tell you more about that. In their 18k and platinum lines, the diamonds are graded, and you can count on that. The diamonds in my piece are E-F, VS, and are beautiful. If there is no grading on the diamonds here (14k and such), I do not buy. I prefer 14k to keep the price lower, but they do not seem to do that here with better diamonds? Hope you have a blessed day!

Also, if you are the Tia I know, you have a kitty cat named Plato :D .
I could be wrong but I think TIA means "Thanks in advance".
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
Hello there! Could this be my friend from elsewhere? If so, I will never give it away, I promise! To give you a hint, I am a Rolltider from Alabama, and I love SB turq, tourmaline and diamonds lol. I have purchased a Burma ruby in 18k with double diamond halo here. The price was decent, and the ring is very pretty, but if you are who I think, you are also aware that just because it is Burma, doesn't mean most beautiful, as they have alot of silk in them and are not as transparent most times. To get a transparent one would cost a good bit of money. But, for what it is, I am satisfied. It is not opaque, just not as translucent as it could be. They have alot of tanzanite deals here, but I do not care for tanzanite and have not purchased. I am sure someone else will happen along that has purchased the tanzanite and can tell you more about that. In their 18k and platinum lines, the diamonds are graded, and you can count on that. The diamonds in my piece are E-F, VS, and are beautiful. If there is no grading on the diamonds here (14k and such), I do not buy. I prefer 14k to keep the price lower, but they do not seem to do that here with better diamonds? Hope you have a blessed day!

Also, if you are the Tia I know, you have a kitty cat named Plato :D .
I could be wrong but I think TIA means "Thanks in advance".
Yep🥰🥰

ITA 🤣🤣
6 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

I am not very computer savvy but does not TIA mean thank you in advance? And not a name?
6 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

To Rolltide and others:
Thanks for the replies....
Sorry....but I'm not who you think I am. Despite my name....no cats.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

To @MsTabbyKats
I bought 2 Rhapsody pendants from Shoplc. The diamonds are stunning EF VS.—- No comparison to non rhapsody or iliana diamonds. Those commercial diamonds are usually i2-i3 clarity.
But, the Rhapsody pieces are in platinum, the Iliana diamonds are in 18k gold, and cost much more then their commercial diamonds.
I always have diamonds that I bought from shoplc appraised. I dont trust the appraisals that come with the diamonds. My jeweler always appraises the lower cost diamonds as lower color and worse clarity, then the appraisals that came with it.
Except the Rhapsody and Iliana diamonds. My jeweler agrees with those appraisals.
For my younger pre-teen grandkids I will buy lower grade diamonds, as long as the stones are tiny, as the inclusions are harder to see with the naked eyes.
In general, collectors want at least a 3ct solitaire gemstone, translucent or transparent with little to no enhancement.
Even Burma rubies can be fissure filled, so thinking a gem is high quality because its from a certain area, is a mistake.

Hope my answer helps !!
Vicky
6 x