Can Someone at SLC Please Explain......

DoubleLshopper

Can Someone at SLC Please Explain......

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

How come that when I opened the SLC app this morning it was signed into another persons account. I forgot to get a screen shot but I had access to that persons info. How does that happen??? Has your main system been hacked??
7 x

Gem Lover

Re: Can Someone at SLC Please Explain......

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I have 5 charges on my account that they can not explain, I am *.
7 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Not me anymore 🙂....H
5 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

Here was the answer from customer service.....”Change your password”

I did and this afternoon another name popped up. Looks like it is time to cancel.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

DoubleLshopper wrote:
3 years ago
How come that when I opened the SLC app this morning it was signed into another persons account. I forgot to get a screen shot but I had access to that persons info. How does that happen??? Has your main system been hacked??
Happened to me on the website a few weeks ago. I reported it here and sent an email in with screenshots.

I never heard a word back even though I asked about it.
7 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

DoubleLshopper wrote:
3 years ago
Good evening,

I deeply apologize that this has happened. I have reported this to our web team so they can investigate this issue. Once I get a response back from them, I will follow up on this thread.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

That has happened to me twice.
I had all the other customers info.
One of my sons is a certified computer tech.
He said it was a shoplc website glitch. Your account was not hacked.
But, others might have seen your info. I have a credit block
On my account by all 3 credit reporting agencies for 7 years. No one can open a new credit card, buy a house, etc. claiming they are me.
if I decided to open a new credit card, I would be denied until they verified its really me.
Even banks are vulnerable. I had my info hacked when Target was hacked. Same by Chase bank and Experian themselves.

Have your credit cards send you a text 24 hrs a day, as soon as a charge is made. Saved me a fraudulent purchase at Bestbuy. The rep on the phone with me, told me to hold on. Next, She tried to charge $140 in gift cards.
My CC text me with the new charge, and I called my credit card co. immediately to deny the charge, because it wasnt me. They DC’d my CC and send me out a new one overnight.

We are living in changing times. You have to be alert all the time, or the hacks will take advantage.

Vicky
6 x