What's...

anniebelle

Re: What's...

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

AD wrote:
3 years ago
A:.... I figured you would give me the :lol: :lol: :lol: for saying I dressed like a SLOB😊..H
H: more :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Omgosh, the Covid weight gain. I'm afraid to step on the scale. 😳
6 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

When I worked as a Judicial Assistant for a a Federal judge I had an extensive and expensive wardrobe. Since retiring I hadn't worn any of that wardrobe except for some sweaters and scarves. I donated my work clothes to an organization that helps victims of domestic abuse living in shelters where many were preparing to go to work. Some for the first time outside the home. They allow the women to pick out three outfits including purses and shoes. The employees say it gives these women an much needed boost of confidence and helps them obtain employment. I recommend this versus donation to a thrift store. You may want to wait until such time as employment opportunities are more readily available however. Now I wear pants with elastic waistbands and any top that is comfortable. Now dressing is not a chore. Hooray! I do still wear most of my lovely jewelry whenever I get a chance.
9 x

Gemsnob

Sissy2 wrote:
3 years ago
When I worked as a Judicial Assistant for a a Federal judge I had an extensive and expensive wardrobe. Since retiring I hadn't worn any of that wardrobe except for some sweaters and scarves. I donated my work clothes to an organization that helps victims of domestic abuse living in shelters where many were preparing to go to work. Some for the first time outside the home. They allow the women to pick out three outfits including purses and shoes. The employees say it gives these women an much needed boost of confidence and helps them obtain employment. I recommend this versus donation to a thrift store. You may want to wait until such time as employment opportunities are more readily available however. Now I wear pants with elastic waistbands and any top that is comfortable. Now dressing is not a chore. Hooray! I do still wear most of my lovely jewelry whenever I get a chance.
Hi Sissy! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Good for you on donating to a non profit. I thought about doing that with jewelry I don't wear. I have lots of blue boxes too. I could donate those or just put the jewelry in them myself. I have to find an organization like that around here. 💖
7 x

anniebelle

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Omgosh, the Covid weight gain. I'm afraid to step on the scale. 😳
I was afraid,too. But for my virtual doctors visit I had to!!
6 x

anniebelle

Sissy2 wrote:
3 years ago
I've seen those organizations too! Glad you were able to do that.
7 x

Jacee

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

Yes, Sissy.2...that is a very good thing to do ;) and they( those orgs.) Are around
One,I know of is Dress for Success..don't know if that's local or otherwise.

It IS an International Organization throughout the nation
In many states
There may be one near where you live
Look 'em up!
7 x

Gemsnob

Jacee wrote:
3 years ago
Yes, Sissy.2...that is a very good thing to do ;) and they( those orgs.) Are around
One,I know of is Dress for Success..don't know if that's local or otherwise.

It IS an International Organization throughout the nation
In many states
There may be one near where you live
Look 'em up!
Thank you! I'll have to look them up.
5 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hi Jacee & all: I worked for 10 years from home before retiring. Prior to that I would say I dressed glam/stylish & everything had to match! I just donated 6 big boxes of clothes to the local St Francis DePaul org. that gives to the needy. So now I’m comfortable in my nightgown, robe & slippers. I do dress up for church & wear leggings & sweatshirts for grocery shopping. Trying to age gracefully. 😉😉😉
4 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

To: Gemsnob I did donate some tasteful costume jewelry too. Could not bear to part with my good stuff.
Sister and I are about to do our weekly shopping trip. Just to the drug store, the grocery store and Wallymart. That should about kill the afternoon.
To: Jacee et al Yes I have heard of Dress for Success and it is international. There is one for men called Career Gear too. A friend of mine donated her deceased husband's better suits and even some watches to that one. Does anyone besides me actually wear a watch anymore? The one I used was directly linked to the local women's shelter and took their sizes and then delivered an assortment for them to try on. It was XXX Closet. I cannot remember the whole name to save my soul.
4 x