Boston Irish

Re: Missing the old LC

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

He was Something alright !😞🍀
0 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 3 years ago

Still have the LC insulated carrier bags that showed up periodically out of the blue for seemingly no reason. Use them every week to do grocery shopping.

Miss the RA “second chance.” If the winner of an auction failed to pay, the next highest bidder was given the chance to purchase the item at their bid amount. Got several pieces that way.

However, not meaning to stir up controversy, I really am enjoying the new autopay feature. As a low end bidder, the free shipping is saving me a lot more money than the coupons or discount codes ever did. And, it makes me bid more responsibly.

Didn’t realize that putting your last, best bid in at the final seconds was called “sniping.” Sounds bad. Recently, I was trying for the pink styler/dryer brush for my daughter, who has long thick hair that tends to frizz when died naturally. She’s taken to “bunning it up” it to keep it smooth, but then it takes forever to dry (okay in summer but not in winter!) My formula for bidding is to not maxbid more than 10% of est. retail value. Decided my maximum bid would be $22. The auction I won had $19 at closing seconds and at 2 seconds to go I hit $22 on auto bid. The $19 bidder had a maxbid of $20 and I won the auction at $21. Now, how is this bad? Is it because I didn’t give other bidders time to respond? I think that is the purpose of a timed auction.

Does anyone remember the old auction setup— before the countdown clock? That was crazy. Used to do test bids coordinated with my kitchen clock’s sweep second hand to synchronize LC’s time stamp to my clock so I’d know to the exact second when the auction was really closing. The change with the live countdown clock on individual auctions took all the fun out of it...NOT🙄

So ShopLC is evolving. I’ve been rolling with the changes for 10 years and will continue to do so. Have a great day and happy bidding, everyone!!
5 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

I miss Dan because he did his best to be honest with what he was selling. I could tell he was a little confused why SLC changed from selling quartz doublets to calling them triplets. One time, he was presenting a set of 3 pair of stud earrings - 2 were CZ and one was being touted as natural blue spinel set in stainless for $10. He made it clear he was questioning the claim of 'natural'. One would have to have just fallen off the turnip truck to believe they could get natural blue spinel for $3. Also, he was honest when he said black spinel was an inexpensive stone. And, he would never have tried to pass off coin pearls as keshi (yes, that still ticks me off :lol: ).

Yes, he had his personality quirks; but, as a salesman I trusted him more than most.
6 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

I miss the holiday sales under Kevin Lyons. On holidays there was 40% off everything except the RA plus free shipping.
10 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

I completely forgot about the second chance on the ra!!! I agree, I've got some awesome items that way. ☺️💗
5 x