AD wrote:
3 years ago
I can’t stand CT SCANS 🥴. This one was yucky. :lol:
Why was it yucky???
4 x

AD

Re: To all

Post by AD » 3 years ago

The dye they put into your vein, leaves a metallic taste in your mouth and throat, your body feels like your on fire....and you feel like you’ve wet your pants. This time was worse than the first time 😩. But got to do what you got to do :lol: :lol: Won’t know results till a Dr. reviews the scan.
7 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

You’ve been in my thoughts today. Prayers for positive results. I’m glad the yucky part is over
7 x

Jacee

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

AD(H)...your " bad" experience may lead to good!! Here,'s hoping!! ;)
Last edited by Jacee 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

AD wrote:
3 years ago
The dye they put into your vein, leaves a metallic taste in your mouth and throat, your body feels like your on fire....and you feel like you’ve wet your pants. This time was worse than the first time 😩. But got to do what you got to do :lol: :lol: Won’t know results till a Dr. reviews the scan.
I've had several CT scans but never experienced those things. Guess it depends on what they are scanning!
5 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

To AD H My sister wanted to check in on how you are doing. She says other than the copper taste the other things you are experiencing probably means you are allergic to the dye. This will probably get worse with every CT so you need to have it noted in your medical file. We both hope your results show no major problem.
I myself was blindsided today. I have been feeling pretty good and had a six month check up early this afternoon. Mostly I was concerned about my A1C reading for my diabetes although my numbers have been good lately. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call saying my EKG says I am in AFIB again. I am awaiting news from my cardiologist. I really do not want to have that shock treatment again. I want a stroke even less.
Anyhow I am hoping you are feeling better now.
7 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

AD wrote:
3 years ago
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience but at least it's over. Prayers for good results
7 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Sissy2 wrote:
3 years ago
To AD H My sister wanted to check in on how you are doing. She says other than the copper taste the other things you are experiencing probably means you are allergic to the dye. This will probably get worse with every CT so you need to have it noted in your medical file. We both hope your results show no major problem.
I myself was blindsided today. I have been feeling pretty good and had a six month check up early this afternoon. Mostly I was concerned about my A1C reading for my diabetes although my numbers have been good lately. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call saying my EKG says I am in AFIB again. I am awaiting news from my cardiologist. I really do not want to have that shock treatment again. I want a stroke even less.
Anyhow I am hoping you are feeling better now.
@Sissy2

Hi Sissy, JQ told us about your AFIB scare and I wanted you to know that prayers were sent your way last night and this morning. 💞🙏💞 I hope that you get nothing but good news from your cardiologist. Please rest. 💞💞(((HUGS))) -GYPSY
7 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

The lady who did the Scan told me before giving me the dye what to expect. They don’t use dye unless absolutely necessary. My problem is I have a ABDOMINAL AORTIC Aneurysms. The dye helps them pin point the accuracy of the size of the Aneurysm. Thank you all.... Sissy 2 prayers your way. Hope to hear from you and JQ this weekend 😊...H
7 x