Cleo watch

RS

Cleo watch

Post by RS » 3 years ago

😢

Paladin and I have very heavy hearts tonight. We think that our precious Cleo’s time is coming to an end. We don’t think she will make it through the night. We knew it was coming but that doesn’t make it any easier to say goodbye. Cleo chose me when she was 1 week old and she has been the best dog anyone could have ever wished for.

I drove over and brought our son home so he could say goodbye and our daughter is driving down from Medford.

We made the choice to allow Cleo to be at home with us instead of inducing the end at the vet. The vet agreed with our choice. We have been hand feeding puréed food and watering (with water and Pedialyte) her for the last several days but yesterday and today Cleo can’t sit up and does not want food or water.

She looks at us with a tiny little wag but we can see in her eyes...the sadness and it seems as though she is saying she is ready to go.

We aren’t ready for her to leave us. 😢

Our other dog...BMW (we call her Beem-Beem) is so upset. She is shaking and will not leave Cleo’s side.

So heartbroken. So hard to say goodbye.

Thanks for reading. 💔💔
16 x

Sissy2

Re: Cleo watch

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

R S The heart is never ready and the time is never right to say goodbye. I got that on a card once and it stuck because it is so true. I am sorry for your pain. And that of your family.
14 x

Druid

Re: Cleo watch@RS

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

@RS
It’s with a heavy heart that I am reading your message.Cleo is feeling her time to say goodbye has come if she cannot respond to all your loving care anymore. I hope your son and daughter will be by her side too and for sure Cleo will feel all the love of your family hugging her for her last moments. I am praying St. Francis, the animals’s protector to help her pass peacefully.
We have 2 dogs like your family. One of them, Patou who is a 14 year old lab retriever is also at the near end of his life based on the vet’s remarks. We give him the best care and comfort we can , taking care of his many health problems. He is such a courageous dog despite his arthritis, eyes problems and has became very skinny but with a good appetite so far. We hope he will live at least until the beginning of April when my younger daughter comes from Texas to say goodbye.We hurried up with the vaccinations together with my older daughter who works in education like me and my husband so that our other daughter , who had the Covid some months ago, will be able to travel and visit us with no risk to see her dog maybe for the last time.She and her husband have 3 dogs, and our Patou was her best friend since she was a 9th grader. We all hope he is going to make it until her arrival. We have another 2year old dog that we adopted 2 years ago and who was rescued from the dog meat market in Korea by an American rescue association.
So, I am sending you all my love for your dear Cleo and keeping her in my prayers.May St. Francis bless her and your family.
15 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@RS I am so very sorry, it hurts so much to watch our animal babies suffer and it is so hard on us when they pass. Two of mine past the same year as my mom. My dog Walter was sick for a couple of years and he got to the point that he could no longer walk and when you talk about the look in your fur babies eyes I remembered that look. Like you I wanted him home were he would be comfortable and not at the vets when it was time for him to go. My cat Bugsy stayed by his side night after night and after Walter passed he would stare at where he use to lay in his bed and mourned him as I did. Our pets are a big part of our life and our family. Take comfort in knowing you gave Cleo a home filled will love as well as the love and happiness you have received in return from Cleo.
13 x

Capone

Post by Capone » 3 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about Cleo. Know I have you in my heart. 😢
12 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

:( @RS I'm so sorry that it's time to say goodbye to your precious baby Cleo. I will keep you and your family in my prayers that you find peace in this heavy burden of grief
12 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

RS and family, I’m sorry to hear about Cleo 😢. I have you, your family and Cleo in my prayers. H.
11 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

@RS

This is sad and I'm sorry for yours and hubbys saddness.
I still miss my sweet Saber and Sookie ,so I know how it will hurt. Cleo knows how much you both love her 💞💞💞💞

-Gypsy
12 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@RS , so the time is here. My heart truly goes out to you and your family. Hug Cleo tightly and let her know it's okay for her to rest. Tell her the story of the rainbow bridge and all the fun she will have playing once again, the family that has gone before her. It's never easy to lose our fur babies. But in the end it's worth all the years of love you enjoyed.
12 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

RS and Family. I am thinking of all of you and know the pain of having to say goodbye. I know your Cleo is a spoiled baby as all your pets are and you have given her the best life. I am praying that you family find peace that you are all together with her and she feels all your Love. I am so sorry.😪💚🍀
14 x