NEED HELP WITH THE 3-LIGHT MOSAIC LAMPS. :)

Koalakid

NEED HELP WITH THE 3-LIGHT MOSAIC LAMPS. :)

Post by Koalakid » 3 years ago

I have two of the 3-light mosaic lamps. I sent pictures of one of them to C.S. #3653421 (wish I could include here). There seems to be a LOT (3" - 7") of "undressed" cord that is hanging above the bulb area and looks like it's covered with black electrical tape. It wasn't until I found the 2nd lamp # 3319524 and opened it up that I found out that it looks the same as the first one.
SHOPLC has NO information on what to do with these lamps. Perhaps someone who received one will be able to tell me what is supposed to happen with the "extra" cord that is hanging down on the lamps. I like them and I'd like to keep them, although ShopLC's solution is to send me a return label. Can't afford to bid on others because ROSA (THE HOG OF LAMPS AND JADE) max bids these items. Anyone care to talk about max bidding ..?
I appreciate any info you care to share.
8 x

AD

Re: NEED HELP WITH THE 3-LIGHT MOSAIC LAMPS. :)

Post by AD » 3 years ago

I don’t own a lamp like your describing, why on earth would there be black electrical tape on any lamp cord if it isn’t damaged???? I know one person on forum who I believe owns a least one of this type of lamp. Good Luck 😊..H
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@RS I think you have one of these could you help?
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@RS I think you have one of these could you help?
Let me check that item number but it must be if there’s 3 on the lamp.

Hang on @Koalakid....
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
3 years ago
I have two of the 3-light mosaic lamps. I sent pictures of one of them to C.S. #3653421 (wish I could include here). There seems to be a LOT (3" - 7") of "undressed" cord that is hanging above the bulb area and looks like it's covered with black electrical tape. It wasn't until I found the 2nd lamp # 3319524 and opened it up that I found out that it looks the same as the first one.
SHOPLC has NO information on what to do with these lamps. Perhaps someone who received one will be able to tell me what is supposed to happen with the "extra" cord that is hanging down on the lamps. I like them and I'd like to keep them, although ShopLC's solution is to send me a return label. Can't afford to bid on others because ROSA (THE HOG OF LAMPS AND JADE) max bids these items. Anyone care to talk about max bidding ..?
Neither of the item numbers you posted are showing in inventory. But I looked at my lamp. Above each of the 3 glass fixtures...coming out of the top of the metal cap on the glass is a black cord. But AROUND the the cord is a dark metal mesh, like a mesh tube. I think it kind of looks like brake line on a motorcycle, but a dark color not shiny silver.
I can clearly see a cord inside the mesh tube.
I think on yours those mesh tubes are missing.
Did you happen to win them on the RA?

There is a picture here in the forum. I think the thread might be called “lamps” ???? If you can find the pics ...do your lamps look the same.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
3 years ago
Sorry...had to quote again because forum doesn’t function properly.

I read again and see you did win them on the RA. And I wanted to add...the cord the glass globe hangs from is not extra. It’s supposed to be there. The cord for each lamp is also a different length so the lamps stagger in height.
SLC likely won’t have spare parts for the lamps. I have no idea if that mesh material is available to purchase. I mean, someone makes it and someone buys it but it may only be available in huge quantities.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@RS Thank you for checking for her.
3 x