Jacee

Re: Thursday's...

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

Ahh!...Right! : ;) ... Anniebelle
4 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

I have so many! I watch movies daily so I have a lot of favorites I've seen more than 5 times. I don't watch scary movies - I get too stressed.

No particular order.

"When Harry Met Sally" "Avatar" "Blue's Brothers" "Couples Retreat" "Jeremiah Johnson" "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" "Joe Dirt" "The Fugitive" " Moonstruck" " Crossing Delancey" "The Prince of Tides" "The Way We Were" "Dances with Wolves" "Paint Your Wagon" "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" "Little Shop of Horrors" "The Producers (1967)" "The Frisco Kid" "Lost in Translation" "Zombieland" "Zombieland: Double Tap" "Lion King" "Legends of the Fall" "Pulp Fiction" "Fight Club" "A River Runs Through It" "Beauty Shop" "Friday" ...... I could name a lot more especially old movies I catch on TCM.

Sorry I got carried away. :)
3 x

Jacee

Wow! Ariana..YOu REALLY DO LIKE movies..
Glad you contributed!
Keep on enjoy watching! ;)
4 x

Ariana

I watch at least two movies every single day. On weekends, a lot more. Funny thing is I was never one to go to a theater to see a movie as I can't stand the other people making noise and all the other distractions that go with theaters.
4 x

Jacee

I know what you mean..now that there is .. otherwise..to "theatre going".
Especially.if you like "the oldies"..which I do, too.
Just saw "Cat on a hot tin roof"on the movie channel..that has so many classics.
4 x

Ariana

Jacee wrote:
3 years ago
I know what you mean..now that there is .. otherwise..to "theatre going".
Especially.if you like "the oldies"..which I do, too.
Just saw "Cat on a hot tin roof"on the movie channel..that has so many classics.
I watched it too! "What does Big Daddy say?" :lol:

I watch that channel more than any channel. I love the old movies so much! I enjoy the fashion, the lingo, the humor, the "real" movie stars. Last night I watched two great movies with Peter Lorre.

On Sunday nights, they will show silent movies too which I love. Have you caught those? Some are really funny!
3 x

Jacee

No, on the silent movies...
But, it seems they were better scripts/ stories
where you " had to think" to figure it out.

I've watched The Maltese Falcon.. can't even tell you the # of tiimes.

Have "Gone with the wind" in "the all time collection"
And put that on...at times
And, of course, all the James Bond's..hubby's favorite.

Like the old Thomas Crown Affair w/Steve McQueen
And the newer version w/ Pierce Brosnqn.
Last edited by Jacee 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x

Ariana

This month they have showcased "Doris Day" and I've enjoyed watching. She is a favorite of mine because she could do it all. She was a great actress imo and she could act in dramas and comedies and she could dance and sing. I guess I like her too because she was a huge animal advocate which I respect so much.

Yes, I like the old Bond movies too.

I just watched "Gone With The Wind" again on TCM. The entire back-story on how "GWTW" was made is rich and complex and very interesting. It almost didn't happen for many reasons. It wasn't easy. For example, Clark Gable had zero interest in playing Rhett Butler and he was signed with another movie studio but he wouldn't even consider it. But the public made it clear that Mr. Gable HAD to be Rhett Butler. Well, Mr. Gable finally made the demand that if they paid his current wife a pile of money (can't remember how much) and a divorce - so he could then marry Carole Lombarde he was having an affair with, he would do the movie. They did it and so he was Rhett Butler.

There are many many many more near-misses for GWTW and its production.
3 x