We brought her home yesterday...

RS

Re: We brought her home yesterday...

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Bella wrote:
3 years ago
RS... what breed is Beem? She is adorable! I love hounds, I have an Italian Greyhound that’s 14 and she is beginning to slow down a bit but she still does have her run around the house “crazies” every now and then.
Thank you 💞

She’s a “Treeing Walker Coonhound”. And she is 10 but still acts like a puppy. She never slows down. Ever. Only when asleep or enjoying a “chewie”! We also love hounds!

I love Greyhounds too🥰🥰🥰
4 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 3 years ago

I thought she looked like a Coonhound! They have the sweetest expressions. My hound is much smaller than a regular Greyhound, she only weighs 12 pounds. Italian Greyhounds are more like a Whippet just smaller. Best of luck on your search for a new Basset, I love the excitement in getting a new puppy!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Bella wrote:
3 years ago
I thought she looked like a Coonhound! They have the sweetest expressions. My hound is much smaller than a regular Greyhound, she only weighs 12 pounds. Italian Greyhounds are more like a Whippet just smaller. Best of luck on your search for a new Basset, I love the excitement in getting a new puppy!
Oh I love Whippets too! And thank you.,,it is exciting and a bit sad at the same time. We knew it was coming but...🥺
5 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Our beloved Cleo...

And Beem has taken up a new place to lay ever since.

This is the middle landing of the stairs. She’s so sad 🥺💔
Poor baby. Beem will surely perk up with a new puppy in her life
4 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

Bella wrote:
3 years ago
RS... what breed is Beem? She is adorable! I love hounds, I have an Italian Greyhound that’s 14 and she is beginning to slow down a bit but she still does have her run around the house “crazies” every now and then.
My neighbor has a greyhound it's a beautiful dog. I hear them all outside cheering while the dog runs in a circle. I wondered why they did that, but you said your dog gets the crazies now I know :D
3 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

No matter what, you can never be prepared to lose someone you love. I'm sorry, RS.

My neighbor has a grey Whippet and she is lovely! My neighbor wants me to get one because she said they are sweet and loving and are a bit of a couch potato but they play too. She said they are wonderful dogs (companions) to have.

RS, I know you are the best parent to children both human and animal. The right new family member dog will come along.

The pandemic is a real b-t-h.
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Wonder how she knows that Cleo is home?
When we came home and pulled in the garage we got out of the car. BEEM was in her corral area in the garage (it leads to the dog yard) and she was waiting for us...ears up and forward. Just like she was when we came home after taking Cleo to Sleepy Hollow. Somehow she just knew. I was holding the temporary urn and small pouch that has some for our daughter. Beem KNEW. She started whining and wailing.
It was very sad. I immediately cried and THAT I am sure didn’t help....sigh...🥺💔
Sleepy Hollow?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Wonder how she knows that Cleo is home?
When we came home and pulled in the garage we got out of the car. BEEM was in her corral area in the garage (it leads to the dog yard) and she was waiting for us...ears up and forward. Just like she was when we came home after taking Cleo to Sleepy Hollow. Somehow she just knew. I was holding the temporary urn and small pouch that has some for our daughter. Beem KNEW. She started whining and wailing.
It was very sad. I immediately cried and THAT I am sure didn’t help....sigh...🥺💔
Sleepy Hollow?
Yes...🥺

It’s a pet cemetery and crematorium. It’s a very beautiful place.

It’s called:

Sleepy Hollow Pet Memorial Park and Crematory

If you wanted to G👀GLE it and see the photos of the grounds and stuff.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

JA wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
Our beloved Cleo...

And Beem has taken up a new place to lay ever since.

This is the middle landing of the stairs. She’s so sad 🥺💔
Poor baby. Beem will surely perk up with a new puppy in her life
I think so too, I truly hope so.
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Did you finish the stones with her paw print?
2 x