We brought her home yesterday...

RS

We brought her home yesterday...

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Our beloved Cleo...

And Beem has taken up a new place to lay ever since.

This is the middle landing of the stairs. She’s so sad 🥺💔
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
8 x

Gem Lover

Re: We brought her home yesterday...

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@RS I feel so bad for your fur baby. I had read an article that said animals like people mourn when they lose a friend. Do you know anyone who has a dog that maybe you could set up play dates?, maybe that would help.
9 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@RS I feel so bad for your fur baby. I had read an article that said animals like people mourn when they lose a friend. Do you know anyone who has a dog that maybe you could set up play dates?, maybe that would help.
We tried that with our next door neighbor. They have a beautiful Labrador. Beem didn’t want anything to do with her. We will be getting a puppy. We want another Basset and they’re hard to find. There is a breeder (not a mill) here and they expect to have a litter early this summer.
Yesterday we did find some up past Portland, Or. Actually quite a ways past. We agreed that was too far to travel home with a puppy in the car. Those pups won’t be ready for 8 weeks we were told. So it’s not like they’re even ready immediately.
We will also keep searching.

Beem was doing a bit better til yesterday when Cleo came home. Paladin is taking her out back in a bit to give her a bath and our son will be here Friday morning for the whole weekend. He ALWAYS has a great time with her...she adores him and has missed him so much during the pandemic.

🥰🥰🥰
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

We also read a few articles recently about that. Some great tips and ideas were in them. Thank you ❤️❤️❤️
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Wonder how she knows that Cleo is home?
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Wonder how she knows that Cleo is home?
When we came home and pulled in the garage we got out of the car. BEEM was in her corral area in the garage (it leads to the dog yard) and she was waiting for us...ears up and forward. Just like she was when we came home after taking Cleo to Sleepy Hollow. Somehow she just knew. I was holding the temporary urn and small pouch that has some for our daughter. Beem KNEW. She started whining and wailing.
It was very sad. I immediately cried and THAT I am sure didn’t help....sigh...🥺💔
8 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

Oh my heart hurts for BEEM! Waiting until summer seems like an eternity. Have you tried Petfinder (dot) com to search for a Basset in your area? These dogs "need" a home in the worse way. Just a thought. Is there a doggie play date in your area? I'm sorry, seeing BEEM so sad and reading she is crying - I can't take it.
6 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

Also, there are Basset Hound rescue organizations too in California and those poor dogs really need homes.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

We’ve been looking for a rescue dog as that would be our first choice. However it would have to be a very young dog in order to socialize BMW and the new one together.
So far we’ve only found them down in So. Cal. Again too far to drive with an pup unfamiliar with us. My son and I drove to Portland to get Hawkins but she was in a cage.
If life was “normal” we’d fly and bring a dog back with us. NOT IN CARGO. But things aren’t normal so...yeah.
We keep searching.
Right now Beem is “helping” me dust the bedroom😋
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 3 years ago

RS... what breed is Beem? She is adorable! I love hounds, I have an Italian Greyhound that’s 14 and she is beginning to slow down a bit but she still does have her run around the house “crazies” every now and then.
5 x