COMFY sandals...

RS

COMFY sandals...

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Today when we were at the $500 club I got (among other things 🤪) two pair of sandals. They look like Birkenstock’s but they are Skechers. They only had two colors...black and taupe. I got two pair of each.

They are SOOOOOO COMFY! They have a foam footbed and adjustable straps. And they were $15.99!

Too good of a bargain to pass up. Now my daughter wants some.

Just in case anyone sees them and wonders or is looking for comfy🥰🥰🥰
8 x

AD

Re: COMFY sandals...

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Did any one buy the fake snake skin sandals SLC had on a day or two ago?? You can get those at D G The only one’s I can wear are Birkenstock sandals. RS... are the sketchers different? 😊H
7 x

Rena

Post by Rena » 3 years ago

Dollar General? How much are they there?
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I bought a pair of the snakeskin ones, I think they are arriving tomorrow. I'm anxious for them. I bought a pair of Sketchers last year. They are so cushy I feel I'm losing my balance in them. Not a good thing for me! Balance is why I use a walker.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I bought a pair of the snakeskin ones, I think they are arriving tomorrow. I'm anxious for them. I bought a pair of Sketchers last year. They are so cushy I feel I'm losing my balance in them. Not a good thing for me! Balance is why I use a walker.
I understand what you are saying about being too cushy and balance. The snakeskin print ones that SLC sold I think are very smooshie and also have a bit of a higher wedge. If you have a balance issue those might be a problem.

The sandals I am referring to I just bought are in no way overly smooshie but have a nice cushion. Also they have a firm footbed and the soft cushion is on top of that and there is a heel cup (actually all the way around) so the foot stays in place.

Those snake ones are smooshie all the way through. I hope they work for you, be careful trying them out🥰🥰🥰
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

AD wrote:
3 years ago
Did any one buy the fake snake skin sandals SLC had on a day or two ago?? You can get those at D G The only one’s I can wear are Birkenstock sandals. RS... are the sketchers different? 😊H
At first I placed an order for those but cancelled. I did because I remembered a pair of sandals exactly like those I bought for my daughter when she was still at home.

First...She (and I as well) did not like the white footbed and sole. It got SO dirty. And yes they can be washed but never came all the way clean. Also, the entire bottom part of the sandal is very squishy and bouncy. The issue was is that there is a bit of height to the wedge and the sandal was an ankle turner for my daughter.

The Skechers I got yesterday are not exactly the same as Birks. In that the bottom is not real cork but a cork-composite. I don’t necessarily see that as a bad thing. These can get wet and the cork...well you know what happens to expensive Birks when they get wet.
The foam footbed is very comfy and there is a bit of a toe bar in the sandal just like Birks. It also has the heel cup (all the way around like Birks). The outter sole is the exact same as Birks.
The two strap style is the same but they are a soft faux suede. They are adjustable but also have hidden elastic so they flex when you walk.
I have a lot of Birks but don’t wear them much now. As you know if you don’t wear them all the time and then start again they take getting used to.
I wore these all day yesterday after I got home and now the foam footbed has conformed even more to my feet.

Comfy at a bargain. 🥰🥰🥰
3 x

anniebelle

I was expecting my sandals from SLC yesterday.. This delivery is a weird one. Sent UPS but given to USPS to deliver. Tracking says a note with instructions was left when they attempted delivery. Don't know where they did this, probably at the new facility next door which isn't open yet! I left a note for my mail carrier today to track it down!

We have a feeling this is going to be an ongoing problem.!
2 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

A:.....SLC using a different carrier?? Be careful of the sandals. How is Milo?? RR. Is being nice IF HE GETS TUNA :lol: :lol: ..H😊. Oh I like to go barefoot myself :lol:
2 x

Rena

Post by Rena » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I was expecting my sandals from SLC yesterday.. This delivery is a weird one. Sent UPS but given to USPS to deliver. Tracking says a note with instructions was left when they attempted delivery. Don't know where they did this, probably at the new facility next door which isn't open yet! I left a note for my mail carrier today to track it down!

We have a feeling this is going to be an ongoing problem.!
Maybe Slc is trying something different. It sounds like DHL won't be involved and it seems like they had a lot of problems with them. I hope they figure out where your order is.
4 x

anniebelle

My sandals were delivered today!!! I just slipped them on my swollen foot, looks like they are going to fit fine. How well I walk in them is another story!! Can't be any worse than my other pair!
2 x