I must have missed something...

Rena

Re: I must have missed something...

Post by Rena » 3 years ago

It's ok. I understand. No need to apologize.
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

Thai Rubies display a Royal Red, often with attractive secondary purple flashes, due to their higher iron content reducing fluorescence. While deeper toned than Burmese Rubies due to an absence of light being evenly scattered by silk, Thai Rubies usually display a superior clarity. Royal Red Rubies typically come from Cambodia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mozambique, and Thailand.

As transparency and inclusions also affect Ruby’s color and subsequent beauty, Ruby is clarity classified by the Gemological Institute of America as a Type II gemstone (some minor inclusions that may be eye-visible). To maintain quality and beauty, our Thai Rubies have been optimally cut with an eye-clean clarity, the highest quality clarity grade for colored gemstones as determined by the world’s leading gemological laboratories, with a good shape and overall appearance. This negates color unevenness due to zoning (location of color in the crystal versus how the gem is faceted) and excessive windowing (areas of washed out color in a table-up gem, often due to a shallow pavilion).
9 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 2 years ago

Wow..thanks for all the info on the Thai rubies Gem Lover :shock:
6 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 2 years ago

Thai rubies are very different from the Burmese rubies. They have brilliant clarity, but composed of high iron content, which imparts them a dark garnet-like red color.
Should be cheaper than burmese.
5 x