Another box of broken glass!!!

Post Reply
D-Flawless
Posts: 209
Joined: 1 year ago

Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by D-Flawless » 1 month ago

Ughhhhhh!! When will I learn NOT to purchase anything made of glass from ShopLC?!¿ This time it was the beautiful(?) set of glasses with Granite coasters and cool Granite cubes you freeze and use in place of ice cubes so they don’t water down your drink…all packed in a “perfect for gift giving” Teak box! Welllll…I did order it as a gift for a friend but it arrived with the glasses shattered in the box! I believe they were broken before they left the warehouse because it looked like the heavy Granite coasters moved during shipment and crushed the glasses. And obviously they had to have first been shipped from India…therefore they already went through a great deal of “movement” before being shipped to me. I was given a prompt refund from Customer Service so no complaints there but I wanted this incredibly cool set as a gift so I’m completely bummed! I want to try another order because it’s such a unique gift but I fear the same thing will happen again as I know the items are not opened and checked before being shipped out to customers. I bet everyone who bought this item has demanded a refund for the same reason…wish there was a way to get one in intact…!!

Then to add insult to injury…two packages that were supposed to be delivered today (arrived at my local Post Office yesterday) were sent to San Diego…two and a half hours south of me instead of being delivered to me in Redondo Beach! This is definitely NOT ShopLC’s fault…it’s a USPS issue…I’m just venting here! LoL!

I think I need to stop shopping! 😩😢
12 x

AD
Posts: 1128
Joined: 8 months ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by AD » 1 month ago

D-Flawless, the glassware sounds beautiful. I’m sorry they arrived shattered. Can’t remember if you said you reordered them or if SLC out. Sounds like something I would have ordered 😊....H😊
8 x

D-Flawless
Posts: 209
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by D-Flawless » 1 month ago

AD wrote:
1 month ago
D-Flawless, the glassware sounds beautiful. I’m sorry they arrived shattered. Can’t remember if you said you reordered them or if SLC out. Sounds like something I would have ordered 😊....H😊
Thinking of trying again….but I’m afraid the same thing will happen and I’ll be kicking myself! It appears that the way they were boxed by the manufacturer is the issue…the heavy Granite coasters are set in the box just above the glasses and seem to come loose during shipping…then the weight of them crushes the glasses! ShopLC doesn’t open each box before sending them out either…no QC is done…so they may have been broken already upon arrival at the ShopLC warehouse! I wish they would hire me to do QC on their products before they go out! LoL!
8 x

Ariana
Posts: 260
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by Ariana » 1 month ago

D-Flawless wrote:
1 month ago
AD wrote:
1 month ago
D-Flawless, the glassware sounds beautiful. I’m sorry they arrived shattered. Can’t remember if you said you reordered them or if SLC out. Sounds like something I would have ordered 😊....H😊
Thinking of trying again….but I’m afraid the same thing will happen and I’ll be kicking myself! It appears that the way they were boxed by the manufacturer is the issue…the heavy Granite coasters are set in the box just above the glasses and seem to come loose during shipping…then the weight of them crushes the glasses! ShopLC doesn’t open each box before sending them out either…no QC is done…so they may have been broken already upon arrival at the ShopLC warehouse! I wish they would hire me to do QC on their products before they go out! LoL!
I use stainless Whiskey stones all the time to keep my beverages cold and I love them. I have about 24 cubes now. The big river website has an assortment of stones by themselves or sets with glasses, tongs and such. Just search "whiskey stones" and it comes up. May find them less expensive to.
5 x

Amy
Posts: 660
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by Amy » 1 month ago

Hi D-Flawless: long ago I ordered a sand timer. I just assumed they would pack it tight. NOT. I opened the box with broken glass & blue sand everywhere. I was so disappointed. Is there really a warehouse or are we getting things direct from India? Really, I wouldn’t be surprised. Sorry your order arrived in shambles with the heavy parts on top. There is no such thing as quality checks at SLC. ☹️☹️☹️
7 x

Boston Irish
Posts: 665
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by Boston Irish » 1 month ago

Wow it never ENDS! I just received a200 dollar jade bangle in a cheap silver foil pack with a pendant box!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with these people! Like the Sting song the Blind leading the Blind!👓👓👓👓🎶🎶🎶🎶🍀
6 x

buyitall
Posts: 127
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by buyitall » 1 month ago

No quality control here anymore!! Who sends out packages shipped from India to customers WITHOUT checking them FIRST??? I have noticed in the last year the way things are packed for shipping has gone downhill...not enough protection! More and more wary about buying ANYTHING breakable from here!
9 x

D-Flawless
Posts: 209
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by D-Flawless » 1 month ago

Amy wrote:
1 month ago
Hi D-Flawless: long ago I ordered a sand timer. I just assumed they would pack it tight. NOT. I opened the box with broken glass & blue sand everywhere. I was so disappointed. Is there really a warehouse or are we getting things direct from India? Really, I wouldn’t be surprised. Sorry your order arrived in shambles with the heavy parts on top. There is no such thing as quality checks at SLC. ☹️☹️☹️
Hi Amy! I actually received one of those sand timers in one piece!! Wooohooo! I was shocked it didn’t break! No…things are definitely being shipped from the warehouse not directly from India or China but they are then shipped out to us without being opened or inspected. I understand that…if we think shipping is slow now…it would take months if they opened and inspected everything before it went out. That’s supposed to be done before it’s shipped to ShopLC. It is incredibly frustrating to receive a box of broken glass though…over and over again! But I know USPS, UPS and DHL also destroy items during shipment as evidenced by the condition of the packaging when I receive items. In ShopLC’s defense…I’ve also received damaged items…broken glass etc. from Amazon. No one is perfect I guess and shipping is a crap shoot! Ughhhhhh!
7 x

D-Flawless
Posts: 209
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by D-Flawless » 1 month ago

buyitall wrote:
1 month ago
No quality control here anymore!! Who sends out packages shipped from India to customers WITHOUT checking them FIRST??? I have noticed in the last year the way things are packed for shipping has gone downhill...not enough protection! More and more wary about buying ANYTHING breakable from here!
Hi buyitall! (Love that name! 🤣) If they checked everything that came in from India and everywhere else before shipping to us we’d NEVER get our packages and the prices would be much higher but I wish they would just shake the glass items first because you can definitely hear when you have a box of broken glass! I always know before I open a package! I’ve noticed that since they stopped using bubble wrap and replaced it with the bags of air that nothing glass makes it to me in one piece! Glass needs to be packed tightly so it can’t move and it has to be insulated against the violence it must endure during shipping! Those little air bags are useless and they aren’t being used properly to protect the items! It’s sad! I know they are trying to save money with them but if the merchandise is being destroyed in the process…are they REALLY saving money?.. or losing it in the long run with all of the refunds and disgruntled customers?!¿
6 x

D-Flawless
Posts: 209
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Another box of broken glass!!!

Post by D-Flawless » 1 month ago

Boston Irish wrote:
1 month ago
Wow it never ENDS! I just received a200 dollar jade bangle in a cheap silver foil pack with a pendant box!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with these people! Like the Sting song the Blind leading the Blind!👓👓👓👓🎶🎶🎶🎶🍀
You’re right Boston Irish! (BTW…I LOVE Boston and miss it terribly! 😁) There seems to be zero common sense being employed during the shipping process these days! Things being jammed into boxes that are too small…breakable items shipped without protection etc. etc I think they have just grown too much, too fast. And although I love the vast variety of merchandise available now I think things were much better when they “stayed in their lane” and only sold jewelry! You can’t be good at everything no matter how hard you try! So sorry your bangle was shipped like that! Hopefully you didn’t receive a “mangled bangle”! 😱
7 x

Post Reply