Just wondering why?

RoxiJade

Just wondering why?

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

Why did ShopLC add a community chat? I am pretty new to home shopping in general, so is this something done by other home shopping networks?
0 x

What-a-gem

Re: Just wondering why?

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Well I know that QVC has a chat forum. Don’t know about the others.
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

I like the forum. We can get to know
other customers and their experiences
6 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Hello...I am sure that Shop LC, like QVC and HSN, probably uses these forums as a way to either solicit ideas, improve services, or just find out what customers are thinking (like/dislike). These forums can be a valuable tool for business to find out what is not working and what is working. I am sure Shop LC also used this forum as a data mining process to help them know what customers are buying and what they are not buying. JMO!
5 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 4 years ago

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
I like the forum. We can get to know
other customers and their experiences
I agree!
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

This is the only way to get true feedback, versus the few positive emails they post. They never post negative emails. Talk about feedback, Cheryl is on selling Ilikaka pink sapphire. Not one mention that it’s fissure filled with glass. I sent her a text, she should let the viewers know. She ignored me. She knows if any stone is fissure filled and cleaned in a ultrasonic cleaner, it will explode. Thats what happened to a $300 Niassa Ruby I bought. Shoplc should have sent along a warning not to clean it in a ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.
Plus only one host mentioned a couple days ago that the Tanzanite mines are open. They built walls and guarded the mines, while they mined more. They did shut down Block C temporarily in a dispute. They are now planning to sell the finished tanzanite directly to everyone. No more Auctions
6 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Let's face it ladies, if salespeople told the whole truth very few people would purchase anything unnecessary. They are there to make everything sound good & get paid for doing so. Not just SLC. Sad but true.
8 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Ok. But if a host knows that by withholding info on a gem, the gem might be destroyed, causing loss to the buyer, its beyond just being a good salesperson. All they should say is be careful when cleaning these gems. Its like a garment label says, only hand wash or must be cleaned. Its called RESPONSIBLE INFO.
6 x

Gypsy

Ultra sonic jewelry cleaner

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

This topic started in....'I Wonder Why'......
I bought one of the ultra sonic cleaners also and even posed questions to on air hosts concerning cleaning gemstones-especially my opals- and was told it was okay, even though I had my doubts I ordered one but before I even took it out of the box I read the manual and called the manufacturer. The manual said "NO" to cleaning almost everything except diamonds...I had to read parts of the manual to the manufacturer representative.....then I called shoplc and asked for full refund of purchase and returned the cleaner. Luckily I didn't use so my jewelry didn't get damaged but if I had just gone by what was said by hosts during presentations there would have been alot of tears. Take the time and use soft toothbrush with a polishing cloth and clean by hand......its worth the time and can be relaxing .
6 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Ultra Sonic jewelry cleaners are a menace. A friend had her jeweler bezel set (costly) an apatite in a pendant. The jeweler finished the piece, put it in an ultra sonic cleaner and the gem exploded. Now, the jeweler should have known that apatites are brittle and not put it in the cleaner; but, still there needs to be better instruction on the cleaner.

A lot of vendors like Chuck Clemency will say that you don't need any device to clean jewelry.
5 x