Birthday BUST!

RS

Birthday BUST!

Post by RS » 2 years ago

Well…

Today is Paladin’s birthday…Yayyy!

Yayyyy?

He had a doctor appointment yesterday. Just a check-up. He is very good about that. Habit from so many years having to get a physical a few times a year for work.

So he got a new pneumonia shot yesterday. He was offered it and took the offer. Well doctor never told him there would be side effects.

So we go along with our plans for his birthday. Right up until about an hour ago.

I had already gotten everything for dinner. So this morning I ran out to get cupcakes (Sublime Cakes, check them out on FoodNetwork!). Then went and got the ice cream.

Paladin calls me when I was at Safeway requesting some rainbow sherbet too. UH-Ohh…he only ever wants that when he doesn’t feel well. He told me he was having aches, chills, etc. and then told me he might have to call the whole day off.

Of course I called daughter on way home and told her to stand by. She and SIL were coming down after her music class.

By the time I got home Paladin was laid out on the couch. I took his temp…fever of 101.

He got his sherbet and is now watching “Support your local Sheriff”.

Gonna try again next week.

But I have a dozen yummy cupcakes that won’t keep till then!👀👀👀

Happy Birthday Paladin…🥺????
13 x

AD

Re: Birthday BUST!

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Happy birthday Paladin 🍦. I’m sorry he isn’t feeling well. Who knew the pneumonia shot would make some one not feel well. Can you freeze the cupcakes?? ...H😊
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
Happy birthday Paladin 🍦. I’m sorry he isn’t feeling well. Who knew the pneumonia shot would make some one not feel well. Can you freeze the cupcakes?? ...H😊
Thank you!

We had no idea. But after he started not feeling well we looked it up…sure enough!

And nope…they won’t freeze well because they are filled and all that stuff. And they’re not cheap cupcakes…$30.00 a dozen. We will eat a couple and the rest I will take to our son’s house for all of them. It will take me at least a couple of days to eat one since sugar I don’t really do but one of the Raspberry cheesecake ones has my name on it!

Paladin’s faves are either the Chocolate-chocolate ganache or the Samoa!

I will buy another dozen when we have his celebration again.
9 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 2 years ago

Happy Birthday Palidan! Hope you feel better. This is why I don't get any shots 🍰🍧🍨💚🍀
10 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Happy Birthday Paladin! I'll take that chocolate - chocolate thingy off your hands!
9 x

RS

Post by RS » 2 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
Happy Birthday Paladin! I'll take that chocolate - chocolate thingy off your hands!
Ooooo….you’ll enjoy it! I got that flavor, raspberry cheesecake, Samoa, Lemonista and one called Cloud 9. That is a vanilla bean cake with white chocolate ganache, filled with caramel and topped with buttercream and caramel drizzle!

And the cupcakes come in Mini sizes and full size. I got the full size but I have gotten the minis…they’re so cute!

And thank you 🥰
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

Happy Birthday Paladin! Hope you feel better very soon.
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

A:..... :lol: :lol: :lol: 🧁 🍺. H🙂
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
A:..... :lol: :lol: :lol: 🧁 🍺. H🙂
:lol: :lol: :lol:
6 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

RS. What a shame your planned festivities hit the brakes. Those cupcakes sound divine. No sugar for me since I have diabetes but I can admire from afar.
Paladin. Get well soon! What crummy timing.
7 x