Oh, for the days......

buyitall

Oh, for the days......

Post by buyitall » 2 years ago

Oh, for the days when you could win really nice, expensive jewelry at auction at great prices. Oh, for the days when you didn’t have to compete at auction with dealers with endless pocketbooks. Oh, for the days when you didn’t have to keep trying to win just one particular item for an entire month. Oh, for the days when bidders didn’t place extravagant max bids and didn’t try to win a jewelry item in every single size...over and over again. Oh, for the days when bidders weren’t greedy and at least gave those without endless pocketbooks a chance to win. Those WERE the days. Unfortunately those days are gone!
15 x

JA

Re: Oh, for the days......

Post by JA » 2 years ago

I know when I started watching shop lc in 2016 I would bid on items and win. Some of the stuff wasn't great but it was fun. Now I get so frustrated. Just looking to see what's going on gets me aggravated. I would bid on an item that had 40 to 50 seconds left on the RA and no one put a bid on it then I'm out bid. No one was interested in the item until I bid on it. smh :x
10 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 2 years ago

I believe the big Dealers is what caused over50 free shipping to end. I have tried to get a jade ring one ring 15 times always too high!😠🍀Same people.
9 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 2 years ago

My experience back to 2009 when Shoplc was LC, and further back when it was the Jewelry Channel, it was a pleasurable fun exciting way of getting nice things especially having limited funds. Now it is a downer at times. a real letdown, so much work to order a simple item and then again fearful to be on this web site. I don't know why things changed. I know Shoplc is Global etc, and has grown immensely, so why is quality not an investment with their web, delivery etc end. I expressed to my husband they must be billionaires and I am interested to know their value on the market.
Why why can't this web site be better.
Jt

Once again I have 3 items that are undeliverable the email tells me??? This messes big time with my payment sources...
9 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

That’s how they stay Billionaires...H🤨
9 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 2 years ago

To report back on this...I rec'd yesterday an email of refunded undelivered 2 items now.
I did call and get through to a CS agent.
After a long very hard discussion after he checked with his CS team it was found out that my 2 items that were discounted clearance became not sell able.
They were discovered to be the "bottom of the barrel" damaged and could not be pushed out 2 me.
He said he knew the disappointment. More than it messed with my payment sources again.

I said this is not right to play with people's money.
That I felt very uptight about ordering again.
And I have been a long standing customer since 2007! That I Love the India people that it saddens me all this...
Boy,
Then 2 other items were emailed that they would be delayed?
What's with this? I never got such a msg before.
Anyway thought I would share this questionable dealings that have occurred.

Not good at all. To run a web like this. Or say there is stock and later there is NOT?!

Jt
Teresa
8 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 2 years ago

buyitall wrote:
2 years ago
Oh, for the days when you could win really nice, expensive jewelry at auction at great prices. Oh, for the days when you didn’t have to compete at auction with dealers with endless pocketbooks. Oh, for the days when you didn’t have to keep trying to win just one particular item for an entire month. Oh, for the days when bidders didn’t place extravagant max bids and didn’t try to win a jewelry item in every single size...over and over again. Oh, for the days when bidders weren’t greedy and at least gave those without endless pocketbooks a chance to win. Those WERE the days. Unfortunately those days are gone!
I TOTALLY agree! I’ve been buying here since day #1 which was April 2007! How things have changed! Originally there was no auction and only gold was sold…no silver and no fake stones! But that was only the first year when it was TJC! Then the recession of 2008 hit and many jewelry sellers like GemsTV etc went out of business and TJC turned into the Liquidation Channel and the fun began! I used to get such excellent deals on the auctions in the beginning that I almost felt guilty! The competition has gotten worse and worse over the years and now it’s really a challenge to get much of a deal since all of Chuck Clemency’s followers arrived last summer! Now it’s insane between them and all of the greedy resellers! I find I get better deals and less frustration buying on the catalog side and using the 20% off coupons now. I still get an occasional deal on the auction but nothing like the good ole days! Now they are making tons more off the auctions than they would by selling on the catalog side! Crazy! Glad I already have a fabulous collection of over 1,300 rings and too many pendants, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, bangles and watches to count! Now I find myself buying more home goods than jewelry…my favorite blankets and skincare are now from ShopLC! A sign of the times…
8 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 2 years ago

Buyitall, I agree. I'm tired of trying to win the same item over and over and over again. I bought so much over the years on the auctions. Not anymore. Which is sad. I know my husband loves it though. 😆😆😆 I went to another company to buy my anniversary gift because one I was looking for a specific stone which they had and I didn't have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get it. It was less than a week. Also with some being on clearance and the discounts I saved $125!!!!! 😁 Which I loved. 😁 I've been buying off of other sites. Mostly I'm sick of waiting for the items to arrive in a timely manner. And them either being damaged or not even shipped at all. But you still get charged for it. I still come on shoplc to look at the items and to see what everybody's up. Hopefully it changes back to how it was. But I doubt it. I look at it this way, I bought a lot of jewelry for myself and others over the years and it's not like I really need any more. So if I don't buy from here anymore that's okay. I'll just come here to look at the pretty items and see how everyone's doing. ☺️💗
5 x