JQ says

Sissy2

JQ says

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

Concert Tour Midnight Bourbon Medina Spirit...Rombauer long shot. Good Luck Ladies!
2 x

Jacee

Re: JQ says

Post by Jacee » 2 years ago

Wow!

But as my Dad would say... "On any given day." ;)
2 x

Sissy2

"Didn't go quite as expected" she said. But she won $130 on Rombauer. Bottom line after bets deducted a win of over $100. I guess she never bets big on the favorites because you don't make any money. I know diddly squat about horses. I know she won well over $200 in the Kentucky Derby.
7 x

Jacee

Sis.2..Not quite..but..Good for her! ;)
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

@Sissy2 Tell JQ hi for me and congrats on her wins!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 2 years ago

Well how fun! I have never get on a horse race…I’ve been to them but never bet.

Run for the Roses and Happy Winnings!
4 x

Sissy2

JQ says Hi! back Gem Lover. And "You should give it a try!" RS. Now she starts handicapping for the Belmont. I guess that is another important race. I am not personally very fond of horses. Never been to a race. And never bet on one either.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 2 years ago

Sissy2 wrote:
2 years ago
JQ says Hi! back Gem Lover. And "You should give it a try!" RS. Now she starts handicapping for the Belmont. I guess that is another important race. I am not personally very fond of horses. Never been to a race. And never bet on one either.
Maybe I will! I adore horses. Had several during my youth and young adulthood. In fact, a horse was the very first gift Paladin gave me when we were dating.
My parents started buying me horses when we moved from West Covina to Alta Loma. I took lessons for a couple of years before we moved so I was all ready by the time I got my very first.
Anywhoooo….I love horses!
5 x

Jacee

Funny story re: horses
One of our first dates, (future hubby) & I went on...was horse back riding in the Virginia countryside.

His horse would only run a little while and stop
while the one I was on "loved to run"

We figured it was because of his weight, although he
was only like 5'10"- 170# and. I was 125# @ 5'7"
So we switched horses and all was fine then and we rode "off into the sunset"!😀
Last edited by Jacee 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

Sissy2

Jacee. What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.
RS. You and my sister would get along like peas in a pod.
JQ always spent summers on our cousin's ranch. She seems to have had a lifelong love affair with horses. She went on a 'trail drive" from Montana to Idaho as a teenager. About 115 miles I believe. Cattle and horses. It took over two weeks. She also used to sneak out at night with some of her friends and ride other peoples horses. Bareback. Never understood the attraction myself. Horses are big, scary and smelly to boot. I guess it's a good thing we don't all like the same things.
1 x