Mod Alex re: website issues

RS

Mod Alex re: website issues

Post by RS » 2 years ago

I appreciate you popping in to update us regarding the forum and website issues.

Just to relay:

A new update was done on Apple IOS and after that update the website issues worsened. I also cleared cache and browsing history that is always suggested and that did not affect the issues either way.

So for Apple users this IOS update and the SLC programming may not be working correctly.

Just thought I’d mention.
10 x

GoogleWasMyIdea

Re: Mod Alex re: website issues

Post by GoogleWasMyIdea » 2 years ago

I like a person with initiative!

I too did all of these things my new friend RS did - clearing cache, clearing browser history, rebooting on my Windows 10 laptop and my iphone and Fire Tablet. I changed browsers too, (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Silk, Safari and DuckDuckGo) but alas, all have the 504 Gateway Time-out problems. I even Googled to see if I could find the answer and what Google tells me, I hate to give you bad news - it's ShopLC servers. I've been working on this for about a week now, because I've got to get the fantastic savings on defective, used items with slow shipping!

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think it's the end-users fault with our devices. I believe it's your app and website that's the issue. I'm sorry if my opinion is not a popular with your IT department.

Love you so much! Mean that!
12 x

RS

Post by RS » 2 years ago

GoogleWasMyIdea wrote:
2 years ago

I too did all of these things my new friend RS did - clearing cache, clearing browser history, rebooting on my Windows 10 laptop and my iphone and Fire Tablet. I changed browsers too, (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Silk, Safari and DuckDuckGo) but alas, all have the 504 Gateway Time-out problems. I even Googled to see if I could find the answer and what Google tells me, I hate to give you bad news - it's ShopLC servers. I've been working on this for about a week now, because I've got to get the fantastic savings on defective, used items with slow shipping!

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think it's the end-users fault with our devices. I believe it's your app and website that's the issue. I'm sorry if my opinion is not a popular with your IT department.

Well first off…I need to remember to NOT take a sip of my seltzer before reading your posts…..🤣🤣🤣🤣

And it NEVER is the end user’s issue even though the answer is always “clear cache blah blah blahhhblahblah” .

And while your answer may not be popular it is correct. SLC et al and their IT dept. knows it as well. There’s a term in the IT industry…”garbage in…garbage out”

That kinda sums it up ‘eh?
12 x

GoogleWasMyIdea

Post by GoogleWasMyIdea » 2 years ago

RS wrote:
2 years ago
GoogleWasMyIdea wrote:
2 years ago

Well first off…I need to remember to NOT take a sip of my seltzer before reading your posts…..🤣🤣🤣🤣

And it NEVER is the end user’s issue even though the answer is always “clear cache blah blah blahhhblahblah” .

And while your answer may not be popular it is correct. SLC et al and their IT dept. knows it as well. There’s a term in the IT industry…”garbage in…garbage out”

That kinda sums it up ‘eh?
Rs, my new and first friend, you are exactly right! I have a bit of experience with IT departments and believe me they are the best at playing "tag you're it" when something goes wrong. If you think bankers, lawyers, CDC, insurance and reporters are swifty - they "ain't" got nothing on IT. IT professionals are gifted in mumbo jumbo.

No, it's not our fault the website and app is giving us Gateway 504 errors and slow as molasses browsing and deleted checkouts. Someone in IT is responsible and they have a whole department covering for them! That's the truth as I know it. garbage in garbage out. Also like plumbing - it's what goes downhill.

GWMI
7 x