Sad News

Ariana

Re: Sad News

Post by Ariana » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
Almost for got, how are you feeling?? Better I hope 😊
Hi Ad!

I'm feeling much better thank you for asking! I'm on the mend I hope for awhile anyway. How are you doing? Are you barbecuing this weekend? I plan on buying barbecued baby back rib with potato salad and a fruit salad, I think. I'm still trying to decide the menu.

I wish you and your family a wonderful and relaxed weekend too, AD, and everyone here on the forum too!

Eat, drink (water for me) and be merry!
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Coming to your BBQ!!!!😉. :lol: I’m good 🙂
3 x

Doracmoore

I love ShopLC and everything in between the host are great and make you feel right at home

Post by Doracmoore » 2 years ago

Sissy2 wrote:
2 years ago
"Jewelry Queen" has requested that I pass on the news that "RS" will no longer be able to join us here because she has been permanently banned. I know they are close and communicate by email fairly regularly. I don't know "RS" that well but will miss her input. She seemed very pleasant. She also had insightful and useful comments, suggestions, and reviews. I do not know all the details. Until more is shared with me I will be unable to answer any questions. A sad day and a loss for this forum.
1 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

How did....the above post turn into....I love shop LC and everything in between... get intertwined with the thread saying SAD NEWS. I don’t get it 🤔. H😊
8 x

Mermaidskies

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
How did....the above post turn into....I love shop LC and everything in between... get intertwined with the thread saying SAD NEWS. I don’t get it 🤔. H😊
Possibly because the poster just went to reply to the first thread in the list and didn’t know to not change the subject. When you hit reply you can see that you can indeed change the subject . Go lookie 👀👀👀👀
5 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Wow!! Never seen that before. I thought not again. T y😊
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
@Margui I was wondering the same thing. I have not been on much in the last couple of days but RS is usually careful about what she says. What happen to innocent until proven guilty? I hope they are not banning people on accusations or hearsay of one person. People have the right to know what they are being accused of and be able to defend or explain themselves. Sometimes things come across different to different people but it does not mean they said or did something wrong. When texting or writing people need to remember things can sometimes come across different then how it was meant, I myself English being my second language sometimes might not always word things the right way but it does not mean I am trying to be mean or rude, people need to not jump to conclusions and think before reporting others for something said because it might not be meant to be taken in the context you think. We are not in grammar school, we are adults and should not take offense to every little thing. I will miss RS as I go JQ.
By the way, Gem Lover. English is also my second language. Your writing skills are much better than mine. You are right, the forum will not be the same without RS. :( How many of us from the original “tribe” are left?
7 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 2 years ago

I don’t post here very often, but do enjoy reading all (or most) of you guys’ missives. Small everyday insights, plans, activities, major life events, and yes-everything good & bad, etc. with shoplc!

I feel bad-sad-confused for RS and JQ. What could they possibly have said or done?? They will be missed...and, things just won’t be the same (for the worse.)

Philosophically speaking, I guess this forum is like a microcosm of the larger world. It seemed like a safe place, but turns out, not really. Perfectly harmless people are getting banned from social media platforms simply for having the wrong* viewpoint, insight, or perspective. Meanwhile, hatred and violence continues to be preached without consequence from these same platforms! It’s an upside-down world.

Sad day for this “community(?)” forum.

Sending good wishes and thoughts to RS & JQ.

*wrong: as deemed by the central planner
8 x

Ena

Post by Ena » 2 years ago

I recall there was a poster here that was constantly offended by Kim (the host) using some ethnic expressions which that poster found offensive.

People on the forum were POLITELY trying to explain to this poster that this wasn't the case and the forum wasn't the place for such posts. I know that poster was reported to mods quite a few times (people mentioned this). Could be that poster kept reporting RS, JQ, and who knows else to the mods until they got banned?

The concern is that people who contributed a lot to the forum get banned and no explanation is given.
5 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 2 years ago

Sissy2 wrote:
2 years ago
"Jewelry Queen" has requested that I pass on the news that "RS" will no longer be able to join us here because she has been permanently banned. I know they are close and communicate by email fairly regularly. I don't know "RS" that well but will miss her input. She seemed very pleasant. She also had insightful and useful comments, suggestions, and reviews. I do not know all the details. Until more is shared with me I will be unable to answer any questions. A sad day and a loss for this forum.
Hi Sissy! Hi JQ! Its the weekend so I know you two are together and cooking. 🙂
So, why in the world was RS banned? I might be quiet lately but I do read here.
I saw nothing that was "bad".
If it wasn't sad I'd be laughing. Nothing like treating one of your better customers like caacaa.
RS and Paladin spend a S-ton of money here at slc. And they're treated....ummmm, not so good.
Things have sure changed since Kevin left. He wouldn't put up with any of this.

Anyways, I hope you two have a good relaxing weekend.
I'm seeing a 4 wheeler ride and search for morel mushrooms in my weekend. 🍄🍄🍄
🤗
5 x