Gemsnob or Vicky?? I hope you both are doing well 😊....H😊
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Has anyone heard from

Post by Vicky » 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
Sorry that I have not been in touch🙁
I have not been dealing very well with losing my son who was also my best friend.
I dream that he will be back. Its so hard going thru his things. Dealing with all the loose ends of his business, especially the banks.
But I feel that in spite of my depression, I owe it to my friends at Shoplc forum to forewarn them of what can happen when a loved one passes away.
Dont believe that as long as your loved one has a will, it’s enough.
No, its not !!!! After all the notarized statements, your very expensive Lawyer submits it to probate court where they determine if the will is legit.
In covid times, it takes months for their decision. In the meanwhile the banks wont give you any info. He lost more then 20k in one month at an investment bank, because he usually placed stock orders and closed orders daily, but now without his short selling, or my access to do it for him, his money is dwindling. So far without my name on his condo, I cant sell it. So far I paid 4 months maintenance on his high end condo, home insurance and real estate taxes.
I cant get into his Apple phone or computer to get info on his holdings. I know he bought Bitcoin when it was $5000 a share. Its been as high as $63,000 a share recently, but unless I know his 24 word password to Blockchain, or the actual password, that money is lost.
He apparently didnt know when he transferred investments from one company to another, that the beneficiaries dont get transferred too. So even though he made a will, unless he assigned a beneficiary at each institution, they wont release anything until they get the probate papers.
Its not the money. I feel I owe it to him to settle his Estate that he worked so hard on. Multiple businesses, investments, etc. that he worked on 7 days a week. His little amount of spare time, he took care of his Chihuahua puppies.
I cant possibly take his place with his fur babies. They look sooo sad when they see any picture of him. They lick up his picture.
I too miss him sooo much !!
I hope I helped my friends here with the pitfalls that you can avoid if you make simple changes.
My family thinks that maybe if I took antidepressants, I will stop crying and cope with losing him.
I dont want to dope up my brain with chemicals. It helps to hug his fur babies, to ease my pain.
Unless there is a chemical that will bring him back, I am not interested.
I am not looking for pity. Most of us will lose someone we love.
Hope my talking about what can go wrong, will help you avoid the financial pitfalls.

Hugs🥰🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️❤️

Vicky
13 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Vicky:.... I’m sorry you are still having to deal with all of this. Hopefully everything will get better soon. Take care.....H😊
7 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Vicky wrote:
2 years ago
Hi everyone,
Sorry that I have not been in touch🙁
I have not been dealing very well with losing my son who was also my best friend.
I dream that he will be back. Its so hard going thru his things. Dealing with all the loose ends of his business, especially the banks.
But I feel that in spite of my depression, I owe it to my friends at Shoplc forum to forewarn them of what can happen when a loved one passes away.
Dont believe that as long as your loved one has a will, it’s enough.
No, its not !!!! After all the notarized statements, your very expensive Lawyer submits it to probate court where they determine if the will is legit.
In covid times, it takes months for their decision. In the meanwhile the banks wont give you any info. He lost more then 20k in one month at an investment bank, because he usually placed stock orders and closed orders daily, but now without his short selling, or my access to do it for him, his money is dwindling. So far without my name on his condo, I cant sell it. So far I paid 4 months maintenance on his high end condo, home insurance and real estate taxes.
I cant get into his Apple phone or computer to get info on his holdings. I know he bought Bitcoin when it was $5000 a share. Its been as high as $63,000 a share recently, but unless I know his 24 word password to Blockchain, or the actual password, that money is lost.
He apparently didnt know when he transferred investments from one company to another, that the beneficiaries dont get transferred too. So even though he made a will, unless he assigned a beneficiary at each institution, they wont release anything until they get the probate papers.
Its not the money. I feel I owe it to him to settle his Estate that he worked so hard on. Multiple businesses, investments, etc. that he worked on 7 days a week. His little amount of spare time, he took care of his Chihuahua puppies.
I cant possibly take his place with his fur babies. They look sooo sad when they see any picture of him. They lick up his picture.
I too miss him sooo much !!
I hope I helped my friends here with the pitfalls that you can avoid if you make simple changes.
My family thinks that maybe if I took antidepressants, I will stop crying and cope with losing him.
I dont want to dope up my brain with chemicals. It helps to hug his fur babies, to ease my pain.
Unless there is a chemical that will bring him back, I am not interested.
I am not looking for pity. Most of us will lose someone we love.
Hope my talking about what can go wrong, will help you avoid the financial pitfalls.

Hugs🥰🥰🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️❤️

Vicky
I am so sorry for this huge loss Vicky. I know there
is no way I can possibly ease your pain but I can
say that the best medicine is hugging those puppies.
They loved your son and hugging them is being
close to him. May the Lord keep you close 😇💖🥰
10 x

Dolores

Post by Dolores » 2 years ago

My Dear Friend I have a very close friend of mine whose son was killed in a car wreck someone else was driving both killed an coming truck smashed into them it took the cops 2days to find him his name Paulie, they had 2other sons it destroyed all of them. This happened in1988 since then their other son died in 2012, and then her husband in 2019 so now one son left, she has to this day not gotten rid of any of his things. My point in all of this is dont rush TAKE YOUR TIME, my husband died in 2001 so I am here to help with the trauma that you go through which I still deal with. I didnt mean to be long winded . Take care and GOD bless you always Dolores
10 x

honey

Post by honey » 2 years ago

Vicky, thank you for taking time to think
of others and to share the pitfalls that can be heaped
upon the vulnerable grieving...... soooo sorry for your
loss of your son/best bud, Vicky. I can read how heavy
that your heart is. hug the fur babies.
Love and prayer's, honey
9 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

@Vicky

I am so terribly sorry for the extended trauma you are having to go through.
I do understand the deep heartbreak. I've lost both my husband and a son and I'm still learning to cope after all these years. 💔

Every day is hard, but somedays are still really, really hard. 😔

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Love and (((HUGS))) - Gypsy.

Wish the I was there to give you a REAL HUG 💞💞💞💞💞
10 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
Gemsnob or Vicky?? I hope you both are doing well 😊....H😊
@AD

Gemi is doing well. I'll let her know you asked about her 😊-Gypsy
8 x