JQ's Picks

Sissy2

JQ's Picks

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

JQ says she is not near as sure on this races as the other two legs of the Triple Crown but here goes. Essential Quality, Rock Your World, Hot Rod Charlie and Known Agenda. Known would have been higher up her pick if his jockey had not been hurt last week. Burbonic is worth $5 on the nose. Good luck ladies!
4 x

AD

Re: JQ's Picks

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Sissy2:.... when is the race 😊. H
4 x

Sissy2

AD. 40 minutes ago. Essential Quality came in first as predicted. Hot Rod Charlie came in second instead of third. Known Agenda was fourth I think.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

Hey Sissy and JQ 😊👋
Blossom had picked Essential Quality to win and I had Hot Rod Charlie...

There was some loud GO !! GO !! GO's !! being yelled at our TVs and laughing at ourselves when we both scared our cats !! The horses were pretty and it was exciting. So.....what's up next.......Belmont ????

See ya - Gypsy 🥰
2 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

I use to keep up with all of the horse racing, but when my Husband passed away I lost track. There is a guy that cannot race any of his horses for two years. ( Baffert ) I guess his horse failed a test????.....H😊
2 x

Sissy2

Gypsy. This race was the Belmont Stakes. The previous was the Preakness and of course before that the Kentucky Derby. I know this because my sister recorded all three races and watched them live and then watched them again multiple times. And I mean multiple times. And she screamed and danced around the living room while watching the races too. And made her silly hats. She even bought me a small bouquet of carnations in to celebrate the Race For The Carnations also known as the Belmont.
AD. Yes Bob Baffert the trainer for Medina Spirit who won the Kentucky Derby has been banned for 2 years. This is because they used an ointment on the horse to curb a fungal infection. The ointment contained a banned substance. The concentration was the equivalent of one drop of water in an Olympic size pool but enough to get him banned and also likely disqualifying Medina Spirit as winner of the Kentucky Derby. That means Essential Quality who won this last race will be named winner of the Kentucky Derby as well. This is being passed on from JQ so if any of it is inaccurate I probably translated it wrong.
2 x