Tigers eye beads

anniebelle

Tigers eye beads

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

I love the chatoyancy of tigers eye! When I saw the colored versions of course I ordered them. There's blue, pink and purple! However, I cannot see any difference between the pink and the purple. Don't know which is which, though one is supposed to me a higher caret weight. Since only the outer bag is marked with the item number, I might have actually switched them. ??? :oops:

Did anyone order these? I'm trying to determine it there should be a difference in color, or if they made a mistake.
6 x

Mermaidskies

Re: Tigers eye beads

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

Hi AB😎

Daughter snoozing and her hubby will be home soon so we will be heading home.

In answer to your question, there absolutely should be a difference between the purple and the pink. I don’t own any of the pink but I do have a purple strand (so pretty)

I have seen both colors presented and the pink always appeared to be a vibrant fuchsia. Seems to me if you can’t tell them apart that a mistake was made by ShopLC.
7 x

anniebelle

Mermaid, I've taken another look at the photos and analyzed the item #s. I think they were part of two different acquisitions. In one the buyer determined it was pink, on the other decided it is purple. They are both as you described FUSCIA. Would love to have the purple color, both for myself and my "purple loving" buddy. Maybe someday!
2 x

Mermaidskies

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
Mermaid, I've taken another look at the photos and analyzed the item #s. I think they were part of two different acquisitions. In one the buyer determined it was pink, on the other decided it is purple. They are both as you described FUSCIA. Would love to have the purple color, both for myself and my "purple loving" buddy. Maybe someday!
That’s really odd that they would see that color as purple. I am pretty sure the purple ones are still available. Mine were purchased about a year ago if I recall, presented by Dionne. But the same May still be in stock and I know I’ve seen other purple ones.

Have you any of the multi-tiger’s eye? I adore those!
2 x

anniebelle

Mermaidskies wrote:
2 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
That’s really odd that they would see that color as purple. I am pretty sure the purple ones are still available. Mine were purchased about a year ago if I recall, presented by Dionne. But the same May still be in stock and I know I’ve seen other purple ones.

Yes I just got a simple stretch bracelet in the multi. Sometimes the cheaper pieces are the most exciting! :lol:
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 years ago

Are you sure they are not dyed?
2 x

Druid

Are you sure they are not dyed?
0 x

GElliot

Post by GElliot » 2 years ago

They are dyed. 👍
2 x

Druid

@GElliot Thank you ! I try to avoid dyed stones but this is just a personal choice. The tiger beads are beautiful!
2 x

Mermaidskies

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
Mermaidskies wrote:
2 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago

Yes I just got a simple stretch bracelet in the multi. Sometimes the cheaper pieces are the most exciting! :lol:
Well that is actually true! I first got a multi tigers eye when they were presenting a rather large size bead (diameter) necklace. I wasn’t sure about it at first because the beads are a bit large. But the colors are gorgeous. I find that necklace because of those colors I wear in the fall and winter. If I recall that piece was $49.00? So not a Friday deal but very nice. I also recently got another multi tigers eye necklace, the one with the butterfly clasp in the front? Recall those. The beads are not quite as large as the other piece but it’s such an unusual, out of the norm, style with the clasp. Love it. Also got it in the multi tourmaline.
2 x