Tanzanite warning!!

D-Flawless

Tanzanite warning!!

Post by D-Flawless » 2 years ago

Hey everyone! I just had a very unpleasant surprise regarding Tanzanite! If you’re buying it because you like it and enjoy wearing it…that’s perfect! But if you’re buying it thinking it’s worth anything and even worse…you believe all the crap about how it’s increasing in price or demand…then let me enlighten you! I spent over 2 hours with a top Jeweler here in Los Angeles this afternoon because I was considering selling a couple of pieces of jewelry…boy did I get a RUDE AWAKENING regarding Tanzanite! I have a 10 carat 4A Tanzanite ring surrounded by 1.5 carats of D-flawless Diamonds set in 18k white gold. I paid $9,000 for it 11 years ago when gold was cheap. Well guess what I found out today? It’s only worth a measly $1,200! What a massive letdown! I was told there’s NO MARKET for Tanzanite so the price for it is extremely low! No one wants to buy it! Needless to say I won’t be selling mine! He told me good quality graded Diamonds (D-flawless of E-F only!!) are worth anything. Colored stones are almost worthless when it comes to resale! I never buy my jewelry with the intent to resell it…I was just wondering what a few top pieces were worth…just in case! Soooo beware Ladies! Only buy items as wearable art and you’ll be fine. Sad…but true!!
18 x

anniebelle

Re: Tanzanite warning!!

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
2 years ago
Hey everyone! I just had a very unpleasant surprise regarding Tanzanite! If you’re buying it because you like it and enjoy wearing it…that’s perfect! But if you’re buying it thinking it’s worth anything and even worse…you believe all the crap about how it’s increasing in price or demand…then let me enlighten you! I spent over 2 hours with a top Jeweler here in Los Angeles this afternoon because I was considering selling a couple of pieces of jewelry…boy did I get a RUDE AWAKENING regarding Tanzanite! I have a 10 carat 4A Tanzanite ring surrounded by 1.5 carats of D-flawless Diamonds set in 18k white gold. I paid $9,000 for it 11 years ago when gold was cheap. Well guess what I found out today? It’s only worth a measly $1,200! What a massive letdown! I was told there’s NO MARKET for Tanzanite so the price for it is extremely low! No one wants to buy it! Needless to say I won’t be selling mine! He told me good quality graded Diamonds (D-flawless of E-F only!!) are worth anything. Colored stones are almost worthless when it comes to resale! I never buy my jewelry with the intent to resell it…I was just wondering what a few top pieces were worth…just in case! Soooo beware Ladies! Only buy items as wearable art and you’ll be fine. Sad…but true!!
WOW!!!
8 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 2 years ago

Hi D-Flawless ! Thanks for that valuable info, especially since SLC claims they are the best place on the planet to buy tanz & they have more of it than anywhere else in the universe. I personally don’t care for it, so when they have 24 hours of it, I can take a day off. I know there are a lot of customers who spend big money for a tanz, & that’s fine. Hopefully they aren’t saving them to sell later. Gee, we need to tell king Tony because he goes wild if he doesn’t sell out a $4000 ring ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
14 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
2 years ago
Hi D-Flawless, I'm just so sorry you found out such disappointing news. But on the bright side, you have had it a long time and enjoyed it, so just keep on wearing and enjoying it. From the sound of it, I'm sure it' a gorgeous piece! :)
12 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

Oh my goodness, this is eye opening and right now Yup Yup aka chuck is claiming that the Swarovski bracelet Dionne and he are hawking is quad A Tanzanite

How is this possible if that is Swarovski crystal?
Thanks for the valuable information
8 x

JA

Post by JA » 2 years ago

Thank you for the info. At the moment I can't afford an appraisal for my jewelry, but now I know there is no resale value for tanzanite. I only bought a loose tanzanite gem from shoplc they claimed to be a AAA. The one tanzanite ring I have is from Levian and it is beautiful and I don't think I would ever sell it :)
10 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

OH :x corn dogs
8 x

Jonarts

Post by Jonarts » 2 years ago

Be careful about a hustle to get you to part with a valuable stone. After seeing this post I went and looked at a couple of places and the larger AAAA stones are not that cheap at all. Check out gemsny to see their prices. They had a few 10 carat AAAA stones selling in the 9-10K range. Even ebay has higher prices then they were willing to give you. I know used jewelry can be considered less valuable, but maybe you could sell it on ebay or etsy as just a stone. I agree with you on the part about it you love it, wear it and enjoy it but as an investment maybe not.
12 x

anniebelle

@D-Flawless , that is ONE jeweler's opinion. Before your hopes are shattered, shop around! Good luck!
13 x

anniebelle

AD wrote:
2 years ago
OH :x corn dogs
corn dogs??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
10 x