Good Saturday Morning

Sissy2

Re: Good Saturday Morning

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

Scheduled to be 103 here today. I do not know what the humidity will be but it was 62% the other day. I don't drink but a Margarita sounds pretty good to me about now. And it is only 88 currently. I have no air conditioning. I may go to a movie later. Don't care what movie as long as it is air conditioned.
8 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

Sissy2 wrote:
2 years ago
Scheduled to be 103 here today. I do not know what the humidity will be but it was 62% the other day. I don't drink but a Margarita sounds pretty good to me about now. And it is only 88 currently. I have no air conditioning. I may go to a movie later. Don't care what movie as long as it is air conditioned.
I don't know if you can Sissy2, but could you get a window AC unit? I have a central AC unit, but since it's just me here, I have a window unit in my bedroom and it keeps me cool and comfortable and don't cost an arm and a leg to run. When I had the whole family here about 10 years ago, running the central AC was costing me a fortune, around $300 or more a month way back then for my electric bill. Now, 10 years later, my electric bill is around $90. to $100 and that's for the whole house. No more wasting money in rooms I don't spend hardly anytime in anymore. I'm on a fixed income like probably some of you folks are and I've even cut the cable TV and bought an antenna and can pick up around 30 channels for free. Best decision I ever made because what was on most of cable was garbage shows and too many infomercials. In my senior years, I can do with less things, but the ONE thing I MUST have is my internet and phone. I can get 99% of everything I need and want to watch via the internet. It's my entertainment :D
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

A:.... must be NICE!!! Drink a Rita and eat a 🌮 for me. Can’t find a margarita glass :lol:
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Sissy2....I don’t think it normally gets that hot where U and JQ live does it? I could be wrong :lol: :lol: .....H😊. Hi JQ MISS YOU
5 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

mpompadour. I tried to buy a window air conditioning unit a few days ago. They were all sold out. At every place I looked. I have a tiny unit that is maybe 9 by 10 inches that you put ice cubes in. Takes a lot of ice cubes but my fridge has an ice maker. It almost keeps my bedroom cool. It has not been tested in this type of heat. I think my sister bought it here actually but I am not sure. My house was built by a builder as his personal home so it is well built. If I get up early enough and open the doors and windows while it is cool and then close down before the outside temperature goes up it does help. I am on a limited budget as well. I have a fireplace I use some in the winter to help keep my electric bill down. I am not the best of fire starters or I would use it more. Thanks for thinking of me.
AD. Yes this is record breaking heat for Western Washington this time of year. Almost any time of year for that matter. Monday is supposed to be 111. That smashes all previous records. I'll tell JQ hello when I talk to her in a bit. If she is home. She is dog sitting for a few days so she is in and out. She still misses her friends here too.
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Hi Sissy2.....I’m babysitting also for two weeks 4 dogs 5 cats and 4 chickens. Would be six chickens but the Bobcat ate two must have been hungry. ....H😊
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

I got a Monster margarita! Whoa! Yummy! My girlfriend kept laughing at me!

We went to grocery first, bought beer and snacks and cookies. And catnip Mousies! Milo kept his distance, but rolled over to show his belly!
7 x

Mermaidskies

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
Good morning, yes that is 🥵. Was like that in New Mexico and if it got to ten percent humidity, oh boy. They have swamp coolers for air conditioning at least on base, not a good source of cooling. Kids said it was getting hot in California, they in a hotel right by the Ocean, must be nice for a few days. Grandson is learning to surf 😳. She sent me videos he was doing well, Dad kept falling off his :lol: wish I could be there but, some one needs to take care of animals 😏. Have a great day all😊. H
Oh it’s hot alright! Glad they are having a good time down there. Waves aren’t huge there so a good place to learn! 😎😎
5 x

Mermaidskies

GElliot wrote:
2 years ago
Hope you and your son enjoy the afternoon together. Dry heat or not, that's too hot for me!! 🥵🥵🥵
We had a wonderful day today thank you 💞. On my way home my car told me it was 112🥵

It was nice to get out together, BC (before COVID) we used to do this usually every other weekend and on the other weekends he would be at home with us. This was the first time since COVID hit.
Some shopping, errands and lunch! It was nice. Maybe next time we will go see a movie.
6 x

Mermaidskies

anniebelle wrote:
2 years ago
AD wrote:
2 years ago
Maybe he wanted food :lol: :lol: I still have to get the stay bottle out once in a while :lol: RR says give me TUNA. That’s why he will bite. ... H😊
I think that was what he wanted! I thought I had already fed him! He doesn't need extra, he's getting fat!!! :lol:

I'm going out for lunch in a bit! Mexican! Tacos and margaritas! YUM!
Huzzby made me a Faux-garita when I got home. Hmmmm….but why dear was my Opatra brush on the loveseat and one of my caviar spoons in the dishwasher???? (big no-no)!!!!!
7 x