Tanzanian wine garnet

Mermaidskies

Tanzanian wine garnet

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

Why are they now, when they never have before, touting this gemstone as a color change stone?

In order to hike up the price?
7 x

Mermaidskies

Re: Tanzanian wine garnet

And fwiw I cannot tell the difference when they try to show color change on t.v.

I will get some of my pieces out and see for myself.
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

Wouldn't anything change color with an infrared light on it? Wouldn't you need to carry the light with you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
8 x

GElliot

Post by GElliot » 2 years ago

Exactly. Normal people don't walk around with that. Color change should happen when you go from incandescent to florescent. Can also change with candlelight. If this garnet had a strong color change, it would say color change in the name. Tanzanian color change garnet. Something like that.
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

I carry one around :lol: :lol: but I’m not normal. NOT REALLY I AGREE WITH YOU ALL...H. 😊. Ok A keep comments in Ohio :lol: :lol:
7 x

Mermaidskies

Someone either read here or texted in because now he is calling it “color shift”. Well many stones do that and it’s not the foremost selling point.

I think they’re just trying to dress up this garnet. Unnecessary IMO because it’s pretty enough as it is, a garnet.

I thought I’d take a look but just must not be in a garnet mood today because nothing is jumping out at me.
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
I carry one around :lol: :lol: but I’m not normal. NOT REALLY I AGREE WITH YOU ALL...H. 😊. Ok A keep comments in Ohio :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
6 x