Set the record straight

DS

Set the record straight

Post by DS » 2 years ago

hello. before i post i want to say that i have read all the forum guidelines and noting i post will go against those guidelines. If this post or thread is removed it will be for no good reason.

today i was supposed to show up and help someone with some online work for something that she loves. this morning she tried to talk me out of it but i could tell something was wrong and i drove down anyway. not to help with her internet but to help however i could. this person is my mom.
she was banned from here. and she has no idea at all i am posting here.

after a long talk and looking at screenshots of a couple of threads made yesterday i can see why she is so upset. my mom loves this place and has told me how much all of you as well.
she told me she violated the guidelines without meaning to. her online place she was trying to share but not sell her things here. apparently she was banned for it. she said she also posted a pic of a necklace that my dad gave her long ago. not to sell but to share. she thinks that may have had something to do with it because it was not a Shop LC item.

right now she is upstairs packing up all her jewelry bought from here and wants me to take it. i know she is hurting.

my mom is very upset and to let you all know I am very protective of her. i would like to share a few things about her.
she is the most caring, loving, empathetic, smart, beautiful {inside and out} and talented person i know
she is also my best friend
she is a loyal to the end kind of friend
she does not cry easily but is today and that makes me mad
she is actually very shy. yes

from what i know and read i know nothing will change what happened. i don’t see a lot of empathy coming her way. and that really is a sad thing.

so to set the record straight she was banned but it was not due to anything malicious but simply not reading fully or understanding the guidelines. and yes she did come back but she told me that once banned it says “a ban has been issued on your username”
that kind of leaves it up in the air to return

that’s my two cents.

—del they/them
15 x

GElliot

Re: Set the record straight

Post by GElliot » 2 years ago

There are many people here that feel badly about what happened. What empathy are you speaking of? Many have also been permanently banned. Were they getting empathy?
We all ( not really all but that's a different matter) feel that she was banned unfairly and that another user(s) had a hand in it. What would you have us do that won't get us all banned too?
8 x

DS

Post by DS » 2 years ago

GElliot wrote:
2 years ago
There are many people here that feel badly about what happened. What empathy are you speaking of? Many have also been permanently banned. Were they getting empathy?
We all ( not really all but that's a different matter) feel that she was banned unfairly and that another user(s) had a hand in it. What would you have us do that won't get us all banned too?
im sorry if i mis-spoke. i could see clearly from the screenshots the warm wishes from you all. i was speaking of empathy from the moderators or board admins or whoever was the one who banned her.
11 x

GElliot

Ok. Thank you for explaining. I really only think people get banned because there are a few people who screenshot EVERYTHING and make a case with Mods or even further up. There is zero consistentcy when it comes to which threads or comments get removed and who gets banned. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. There are a few squeaky wheels out there. It's possible you will see soon what I mean. I'm very sorry about your mom. I can appreciate you wanting to help her lessen her pain.
12 x

DS

Post by DS » 2 years ago

GElliot wrote:
2 years ago
Ok. Thank you for explaining. I really only think people get banned because there are a few people who screenshot EVERYTHING and make a case with Mods or even further up. There is zero consistentcy when it comes to which threads or comments get removed and who gets banned. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. There are a few squeaky wheels out there. It's possible you will see soon what I mean. I'm very sorry about your mom. I can appreciate you wanting to help her lessen her pain.
thank you. i understand what you are saying and that’s not right. people make mistakes all the time. i personally know some of the mistakes this shopping channel has made concerning my mom! and so what happened to forgiveness? does that not exist in this place? and i am trying but she is so upset.
8 x

GElliot

I believe very strongly that there are people reading who want to speak but are afraid. That's how it's become. Just tell your mom that people DO care and DO feel badly. There is nothing we can do or say to slc to change things. If our suggestions and feelings really mattered, no one would be afraid, no one would have the issues they have shopping here, slc would be improving how they do things. They haven't because we as customers are really not important. Just so you are aware, there's a good possibility I will feel the wrath of someone for commenting here. May even get the boot myself.
7 x

DS

Post by DS » 2 years ago

GElliot wrote:
2 years ago
I believe very strongly that there are people reading who want to speak but are afraid. That's how it's become. Just tell your mom that people DO care and DO feel badly. There is nothing we can do or say to slc to change things. If our suggestions and feelings really mattered, no one would be afraid, no one would have the issues they have shopping here, slc would be improving how they do things. They haven't because we as customers are really not important. Just so you are aware, there's a good possibility I will feel the wrath of someone for commenting here. May even get the boot myself.
i really appreciate what you’re telling me. i am a huge advocate for people’s rights and from all I have read and heard mom did nothing that warranted her permanent banning. a warning yes. she told me she emailed asking for help and clarification but not one person bothered to reach out to her. emailed the board admin i mean.
i asked her if they did this why would she want to come back and she said because of all of you. i feel helpless to help her and angry that the people in charge here just don’t seem to care, if they did it would show. i hope you don’t get banned for simply speaking the truth as you know it.
11 x

GElliot

Just tell her to not let slc win. She loves her jewelry and should keep it.
10 x

DS

Post by DS » 2 years ago

i forgot to add she is also stubborn and now hurting on top of stubborn. it was all I could do to stop her from throwing it away. even all of her expensive pieces dad gave her from here. i think the reminders of them are too much right now.
10 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

DS, GElliot is right. Things are said sometimes in the heat of the moment and feelings get hurt and then this is result. I hope that Shop LC can reinstate her, if she will even consider coming back after this. I think I know who your Mom is by what you described her and the situation. I hope she can let it go and not let it prey on her mind too long. Thanks for listening :)
9 x