AD

Re: Good morning

Post by AD » 2 years ago

You’re fine everyone needs to vent and it was nicely done 😎
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Sissy2:... never heard that one before, I like it!! :ugeek: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: hi JQ.. miss you. H😊
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

Druid:.... didn’t know you are a teacher! Wow, bet you wish your students vented nice and quiet. Oh what grade?
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

I was just now finding time to play my favorite game, Hidden Objects. In today's puzzle, there are parrots. OMG, I miss Mermaid so much! 😢😭😢
8 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 years ago

AD: I teach French at high school, all grades and all levels. I looove my job but...I am feeling burned out..and particularly this year my "addiction" in buying jewelry became very bad. It's an expression of my frustration... My family starts to laugh but in a critical way. I need to stop..so, I ordered some sapphire and polky earrings. :roll:
8 x

Druid

@Rolltide Thank you for your thoughts Rolltide ! It was a very difficult year, indeed. I had new classes with students who I have not known before and it was very challenging, especially when teaching them a new language...I have a great admiration for their efforts and they motivated me to give the best I could to make their classes entertaining and to keep them all until the end of the year.I worked like crazy everyday late after midnight and I was not the only one. All my colleagues put their hearts into it to help and support the students the best we could. I don't know what the new school year will bring... and honestly, nobody knows for sure. We know only one thing: everything will change in grading and teaching ! As much as I love my job, I don't know if I can go on: my head is working fine but ...physically I am no more fit : I think this year the age really caught up with me :lol:
6 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

After 40+ years in the same line of work, at 59 1/2, I decided to take my 401k and retire, I paid off what little I owed on my house and car and I'm pretty much debt free. It was the BEST decision I ever made. I was COMPLETELY WORN OUT and BURNT OUT. After raising 2 kids by myself, no help at ALL from the father, money or otherwise, I just had to retire. For 3 years after retiring, I just didn't want to do much at all. The years of struggling had worn me down to a nub and I just wanted to be left alone and marinate in comfort and quiet. But someone from one of my past jobs knew my work and asked me if I would come in part time to work. They can't get these young folks to work when they hire them. They want to play on the cell phone all day and goof off. So I took the job and it's good for me to out and about again for a few hours a day. The money isn't much, but it's my fun money for shopping on these websites and having some pretty things, just because I like and want them. There is no significant other in my life, but I'm good with that. Sometimes it can be more hassle than it's worth! :lol: :lol: :lol:
7 x

Druid

@mpompadour I am very much impressed and wish you all the best. My situation is very different and the retirement decision is a very difficult one. I am optimistic that I will find an appropriate answer.
4 x