Where have ALL the 5 budget pays gone?

buyitall

Where have ALL the 5 budget pays gone?

Post by buyitall » 4 years ago

I have been shopping on ShopLC for a long time now. Up until recently, I was able to purchase a LOT of items. I am retired and on a fixed income. ShopLC WAS the place for ME!!! They had numerous items under $100 with 5 budget pays which I could afford. NOW, they rarely have items under $100 on 5 budget pays. It seems now that most of the 5 pays are for higher end products. If ShopLC lists something on 5 pay for $100 I can work that amount of $20 dollars a month into my budget. But that is pretty much my limit. They now have many $100 items only on 3 pay. To me that $33 is not workable on my budget. That extra $13 on the budget pay may not seem like a lot to some people but for me it pays for my medicine co-pay. My older sister and I watch ShopLC together and she does NOT have an account, but even SHE noticed the big jump in prices and the limited number of 5 budget pays on items $100 or less. So, for the last while I have been buying less and less. I have noticed that the other jewelry channel gives many 5 pays and sometimes even 6 pays. Seems to me to keep competing ShopLC is going to have to look at their new policies more closely or I'm going to have to switch channels. By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the show hosts...the are funny AND knowledgeable!!!! I have LOVED SHOPLC since I began shopping a while ago and so impressed by the fact that they support and fund the feeding of hungry children. But, for me, they are delivering less and less JOY.Is there anyone out there who has noticed these 2 major differences...higher prices and less 5 pays????
8 x

Ginger

Re: Where have ALL the 5 budget pays gone?

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

I’m on a limited budget too since we have so many grandsons to support now. I always looked forward to 5 budget pay and actually have a couple from my last orders but they are very few. Also around the holidays, I would get a Christmas card with a coupon from ShopLC, not anymore for awhile now. And other holidays, sometimes I would get a flag pin or a coupon for so much off my next order. I don’t receive anything anymore, what happened to sending a little something to the customer, after all, we are ALL keeping you in business. Things have changed and going downhill, it’s all about the sale and how much they can sell for each host. I am doing more shopping elsewhere due to all the problems and lack of gratitude for the loyal customer.
6 x

buyitall

Thanks for your reply! It is nice to know I am not the only one who feels this way!
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

You’re definitely not the only one that feels this way, I just wish they would go back to the way things used to be but I don’t think it’s going to happen
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

This is my issue as well. The more budget pays the better for me to buy. Wouldn't ShopLC want me to purchase five items with 5 budget pays rather than one item a month (which I doubt I will commit to)? In other words, I ENJOY shopping and BUYING but will not do it if it's too expensive without at least 5 or 6 or MORE. What's the difference to ShopLC? Don't you want to move products? You get more purchases at lower cost and more budget pays. period.

I was infuriated by the host last night that jumped up and down and proclaimed to Tenner that she would prefer discounts over budget pays..... I was like "what?" Obviously, she lives on a planet of wealth and doesn't understand the majority of public who balances their money ever so tightly. Must be nice for her but the host doesn't represent me. I'll pay a little more for more budget pays. period.
6 x

buyitall

Exactly!
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

buyitall wrote:
4 years ago
I have been shopping on ShopLC for a long time now. Up until recently, I was able to purchase a LOT of items. I am retired and on a fixed income. ShopLC WAS the place for ME!!! They had numerous items under $100 with 5 budget pays which I could afford. NOW, they rarely have items under $100 on 5 budget pays. It seems now that most of the 5 pays are for higher end products. If ShopLC lists something on 5 pay for $100 I can work that amount of $20 dollars a month into my budget. But that is pretty much my limit. They now have many $100 items only on 3 pay. To me that $33 is not workable on my budget. That extra $13 on the budget pay may not seem like a lot to some people but for me it pays for my medicine co-pay. My older sister and I watch ShopLC together and she does NOT have an account, but even SHE noticed the big jump in prices and the limited number of 5 budget pays on items $100 or less. So, for the last while I have been buying less and less. I have noticed that the other jewelry channel gives many 5 pays and sometimes even 6 pays. Seems to me to keep competing ShopLC is going to have to look at their new policies more closely or I'm going to have to switch channels. By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the show hosts...the are funny AND knowledgeable!!!! I have LOVED SHOPLC since I began shopping a while ago and so impressed by the fact that they support and fund the feeding of hungry children. But, for me, they are delivering less and less JOY.Is there anyone out there who has noticed these 2 major differences...higher prices and less 5 pays????
Thank you for your feedback. We have forwarded your concerns to the department in charge of selecting items for BudgetPay to receive their input.
2 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

My thinking is the opposite. I would rather not drag out payments for so long unless it's an expensive item. After awhile, those monthly payments can start to stack up on you. If you can only work $20 into your monthly budget, then what happens when you order something else next month and the month after that? Do you only order one $100 item every 5 months?

I only use the budget pay when the item is over $100, and even then.....not always. If I couldn't afford the item, then I wouldn't buy it.
0 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
My thinking is the opposite. I would rather not drag out payments for so long unless it's an expensive item. After awhile, those monthly payments can start to stack up on you.
If you can only work $20 into your monthly budget, then what happens when you order something else next month and the month after that? Do you only order one $100 item every 5 months?

I only use the budget pay when the item is over $100, and even then.....not always. If I couldn't afford the item, then I wouldn't buy it.
She said they used to have numerous items with 5 Budget Pays that were UNDER 100.00. And she's right. They did.

I am sure that she just doesn't buy anything else using Budget Pay, ever since things have changed here, until she's finished paying off her 5 Budget Payments. Which is why she posted.

She's definitely correct that items have gone up in price here, and to absurd levels.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Post removed due to violation of community guidelines

Be respectful and courteous to others, even if you disagree with them. Do not use language or post content that is unkind or in poor taste or engage in personal attacks.
1 x