MAX BIDS - A Good Thing ... or not so much?

Koalakid

MAX BIDS - A Good Thing ... or not so much?

Post by Koalakid » 2 years ago

I would like to hear your opinions about max bidding. My vote is NO.
2 x

Koalakid

Re: MAX BIDS - A Good Thing ... or not so much?

Post by Koalakid » 2 years ago

OOPS ... forgot to check the box to be notified of your responses. Hope there are some!
2 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

If these crazy bidders win, make it where they HAVE to pay for wins automatically and immediately after the auction is over with a VALID credit card on file. I bet they would think twice about running the auctions to the max bid. It could cost them THOUSANDS if they were stupid enough to bid ridiculous amounts and win. You hit them in the pocketbook and I can just about guarantee that it will 100% put a stop to this.The Tennessee jewelry channel works that way and it keeps bidders in check and bidding in a normal fashion. But Shop LC refuses to listen to that solution and on and on the circus that is Rising Auction will continue, sad to say. :|
8 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
2 years ago
I use max bidding. I put in the most I will spend
and then go about my day. Don’t have time to sit
and watch the auctions. If I don’t win I’m fine with it
7 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 2 years ago

Koalakid wrote:
2 years ago
Evening,

Would you mind elaborating on why you might not be the Max Bid feature?
0 x

Moonkey

Post by Moonkey » 2 years ago

I think it’s good and bad. Good that you don’t have to stay glued to the bidding. And to a certain extent it helps keep you alive. However, there are those who cruise like sharks, see a low bid and purposely jack it up just to see where it’s end is. Then there seems to be a feeding frenzy and a ridiculous price is put on an item that may have sold for half as much on the tv auction
which I realize is a different venue but still- it’s the same product. I doubt if all these over-zealous bidders buy the item in the end. It goes back in inventory and goes around again. Turn- over- clearing out to bring in new merchandise for sale is a good thing. It keeps the customer coming back. You want to move product and replenish. I don’t think anything is given away here.
But people like to feel that they are getting a value not being misused. I’m just saying- so basically no.
5 x

Spooky

Moonkey wrote:
2 years ago
I think it’s good and bad. Good that you don’t have to stay glued to the bidding. And to a certain extent it helps keep you alive. However, there are those who cruise like sharks, see a low bid and purposely jack it up just to see where it’s end is. Then there seems to be a feeding frenzy and a ridiculous price is put on an item that may have sold for half as much on the tv auction
which I realize is a different venue but still- it’s the same product. I doubt if all these over-zealous bidders buy the item in the end. It goes back in inventory and goes around again. Turn- over- clearing out to bring in new merchandise for sale is a good thing. It keeps the customer coming back. You want to move product and replenish. I don’t think anything is given away here.
But people like to feel that they are getting a value not being misused. I’m just saying- so basically no.
I see your point Moonkey. I think your shark feeding frenzy description is very apropos.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 years ago

The convenience of the max-bid is good. But the downside is the bidders that place the out of reach max-bids just to basically be spoil sports for the rest. I very rarely browse or bid on RA items anymore because of that.

I don't like the idea of automatic "autopay" when you win an auction, because I want the option to change my mind. But mostly because I have been scrolling on my phone and accidentally bid and won auctions.
Then been surprised to get the email saying Congratulations......😳

I don't want to purchase items I don't want and I certainly don't want to be charged for the items and then have to wait for my money to be returned or my card to be credited. Depending on card cut off dates, some refunds won't apply to that months balance.

-Gypsy
2 x

Spooky

@Gypsy
I agree with you on your position
1 x

Spooky

@Gypsy
I agree with you on your position
0 x