Karen Connelly is moving!

Spooky

Re: Karen Connelly is moving!

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

sparky77 wrote:
2 years ago
Karen has not left as of today she did a promo indicating tune in to her Tanzanite finale. We will all miss her and hate to see her go, I think that her mom has passed away, since the Mother's day show she did not mention her at all.
Seems many are moving to Florida these days, and of course, those in the shopping network HSN has really done an about-face after being purchased by QVC - clean moderate sets, diverse product, professional hosts (none of the screaming and laughing through presentations).or the comedy antics between producer, director, and host that is so annoying and distracting.
I hope she continues with her beautiful line of jewelry ( always watched her and Shawn on-air in Minnesota) and have purchased in the past.
DON'T forget to watch her last show - there may be some great deals on Tanzanite - knowing Karen. :)
KAREN - if you're reading the threads- BEST of luck to you in your new adventure AND thank you for your service to our country. God Bless and safe travels.
Hi Sparky77,
Do you know in what time slot Karen’s tanzanite
show will be?
7 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 2 years ago

Karen just said she would be on in her typical time slot on Saturday, 4 to 6 and 8 to 11. (Hope I got that right!)
See y'all there! Hate to see our cherished friend leave!
bluez
9 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

bluez wrote:
2 years ago
Karen just said she would be on in her typical time slot on Saturday, 4 to 6 and 8 to 11. (Hope I got that right!)
See y'all there! Hate to see our cherished friend leave!
bluez
Agree. Very sad we’re losing her
5 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 2 years ago

I heard it tonight, Thursday night. She said she is going to retire, so do not know if she is going to HSN, I hope not, I think she is too good for them. Oh how I LOVE Karen. She could always put a smile on my face if I was feeling down. Karen & Shawn are the best, to me there are no other hosts.They just do not have what karen & Shawn do. My self I think Shop LC needs to forget the clothing items or do it right. If you need a wide width shoe like I do now that I am older you are out of luck, if you wear petites in pants or capris you are out of luck. I may not get out enough but what is the deal with the kaftans, I do not wear them & never will. I think they like to sell them because they are cheap to make, no sleeves, no buttons, no zippers, just a big square of fabric sewen on the side. I do not get how they sell the way they do. Back to Karen, I know thousands of people are going to miss her.I really do not know what Shop LC is going to do. They are having hosts from England do night time shows with a host. I do not know why they think there has to be 2 hosts together all of the time, & from England, then there is the one from Brazil that I think we could really do without all together, talk about angry if the item is not selling! Saturday is Karens last day. I think she should win the prize for Worlds Best Host, Most Loved.
10 x

sparky77

Post by sparky77 » 2 years ago

bluez wrote:
2 years ago
Sparky77,
Karen posted snapchat pix of her with her Mom on July 10,2021. Said: Had a fun visit with my mom today!

bluez

Thank you for the information regarding Karen's mom...perhaps her mom's age and health she is now in assisted living situation. Being a caregiver is a really tough job ( I know..took care of both parents)..comes a time when there is not much you can do except leave it to the professionals.
She is one of the best show hosts on TV.. but I do suspect there is more to this move than meets the eye..cerian show has become so arrogant - thinks he owns the company by all of his on-air comments and actions - would be difficult to work with and for sure and an HR nightmare.
Thanks again, love her mom - I wish her well.
4 x

LoriB

Post by LoriB » 2 years ago

I will truly miss Karen. I have watched her for many years and find her to be one of the most knowledgable and honest hosts. This is a real loss for Shop LC! On a positive note, I am truly happy for her as she retires. As a recent retiree, I can say retirement has been energizing and freeing!
I wish you a retirement filled with adventure, happiness and peace. Life is short...Karen, have a blast! :)
10 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 2 years ago

I can attest to the fact, that trying to care for an elderly parent, especially with Dementia (I think she may have mentioned that her mother suffers from that), is extremely stressful. Luckily I was already retired and able to help my mother. I have no idea what we would've done, had I still been working. I'm really happy for her.
7 x

Dazzler1

Post by Dazzler1 » 2 years ago

I will miss her, but I hope she enjoys her retirement. You’ll be sorely missed Karen!
6 x

Doris

Post by Doris » 2 years ago

Karen I have followed you for many years. I am a baby boomer so when I say many i mean many. Lol. I love your upbeat personality. I wish you the best. Florida is the hot but a beautiful place to live. I lived in Boynton Beach and Lakeworth in the 90's. I managed a motel and apartments. Great jobs for a woman. You will be great at whatever you choose to do. I have a feeling I know where you are going to show up. Anyone should be pleased to have you because you are great at what you do. Shop LC is loosing a great employee but someone else will love having you on their team. Best of luck. Be safe XoXo
6 x

LauraA

Post by LauraA » 2 years ago

I missed Karen's last shows while I was off on vacation and I'm so sad to see she's gone! :( Hope she enjoys her retirement, but she will surely be missed by many Shop LC viewers!! She's one of the best hosts, and she and Shawn together were a great team. Be happy, Karen! We'll miss you!! :)
8 x