Interesting Mail Day!

Ariana

Interesting Mail Day!

Post by Ariana » 2 years ago

This happened yesterday and I still can't believe it. I was driving to my significant other's home and as I approached his driveway, I saw a USPS plastic carrier box at the edge of his driveway, next to his mailbox, and the box was full of packages. Overflowing with packages. He rarely orders anything to be delivered except his vitamins - so I wondered what in the world did he buy! Maybe something for me??? :) Nope.

Can you believe that his carrier had a package for him and got out of his Jeep, put the box of packages down to get to his package then didn't return the box of packages back inside his car? He said he was in a hurry because they were "short-staffed" and he was doing a double route and forgot those on the ground.

I picked up the box and went to the door and my boyfriend freaked over it and immediately and called the post office and the Post Master answered the phone! The PM seemed upset and quickly got off the phone but told him that someone would immediately come for the packages and boy did he ever. Before they got there, my boyfriend asked me to video tape him (he is in law enforcement) count the packages and he read outloud the addresses of each package for the record. There were 17 packages and some were from pharmacies with pills in them.

In 10 minutes a Jeep came speeding up and his carrier jumps out and runs to us at the front porch freaking out. He is breathing heavy and upset and he told us what he had done and that he hoped he is not fired over this. He was thanking us so much for being honest - which my boyfriend told him that we were not thieves and we certainly didn't want a felony on our record, which the carrier looked shocked over. He said that he had just realized that he had lost the box but had no idea where it was. He frantically runs back with the packages and left to deliver them which was about five miles away. It was around 5PM then.

So, to everyone who has lost packages in the mail (including me), crap like this happens. We figured they were sitting outside for about five hours because his mail is usually delivered around 12 noon. This happened yesterday. It is a miracle someone didn't lift those 17 packages and long gone.
14 x

Moderator_Danielle

Re: Interesting Mail Day!

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 2 years ago

OH wow that does sound interesting! And scary for peoples stuff!
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

Wow, lucky you found them and not a dishonest person.
9 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
Wow, lucky you found them and not a dishonest person.
Exactly! My concern were for those who get their prescriptions in the mail - and if someone took the box - those people wouldn't get their medicines and you know how long it would take and the process to get it reshipped. A nightmare. I know a lot of people have their prescriptions delivered but this seals my decision never to do it.

All's well that ends well!
4 x