PURE PINK MYSTIC TOPAZ?? CHUCK?

SUESHOPS

PURE PINK MYSTIC TOPAZ?? CHUCK?

Post by SUESHOPS » 2 years ago

I believe it was the evening of 18th July when Chuck Clemency was hosting: he presented a "pure pink mystic topaz" and was adamant that the ring was NOT actually a mystic topaz! He said he was going to buy one for himself and investigate what it was. I would very much like to know what he has discovered. How can I find out about this, anyone??
9 x

steelstash

Re: PURE PINK MYSTIC TOPAZ?? CHUCK?

Post by steelstash » 2 years ago

would also like to know since I purchased one, is there such a thing a pure pink mystic topaz, I laughed when he called the guy he was arguing with junior
7 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

I find this to be interesting....never saw the show but I bet it was pretty
5 x

SUESHOPS

Post by SUESHOPS » 2 years ago

I searched SHOPLC for PURE PINK MYSTIC TOPAZ and a whole page of items popped up! Is it confirmed then, that there IS such a thing as "Pure Pink Mystic Topaz"?? Surely someone on here knows? And 'yes' it does look very pretty. I simply want to know what I have purchased!! Thanks to anyone who knows the answer - Thanks to Chuck if he can find out the truth about this stone
7 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

SUESHOPS wrote:
2 years ago
I searched SHOPLC for PURE PINK MYSTIC TOPAZ and a whole page of items popped up! Is it confirmed then, that there IS such a thing as "Pure Pink Mystic Topaz"?? Surely someone on here knows? And 'yes' it does look very pretty. I simply want to know what I have purchased!! Thanks to anyone who knows the answer - Thanks to Chuck if he can find out the truth about this stone
Hi @SUESHOPS
Mystic topaz is green and pink/purple. Chuck
was arguing with his producer to get the ‘mystic’
part of the description removed. It’s an error in
the description. The biggest gem company and jewelry
manufacturer needs to find a proofreader before
these errors are posted online or on tv graphics
8 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 2 years ago

'Mystic' involves a coating on the stone and it could be on any stone not just topaz. Coatings give a multicolor effect. Colored topaz, for instance pink, is heat treated to make it have color throughout the stone and not just on the surface like a coating. When the colored topaz is coated then it's called by it's color + mystic to describe the process.
7 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 2 years ago

Good morning,

Sorry for the confusion, I've sent this to the appropriate teams for further clarification. I'll let you all know once we have more information.
5 x

Spooky

silleemee wrote:
2 years ago
'Mystic' involves a coating on the stone and it could be on any stone not just topaz. Coatings give a multicolor effect. Colored topaz, for instance pink, is heat treated to make it have color throughout the stone and not just on the surface like a coating. When the colored topaz is coated then it's called by it's color + mystic to describe the process.
I think you are correct in many ways. Swarovski
crystal in jewelry (and maybe with other ways they
use their stones) is just a coating. I don’t believe Swarovski CS’s are coated. I think the coloring happens when they are growing the CZ in the lab. The quartz’s that
LC sells with the weird names are supposed to have
a layer of color between the 2 halves of the stone. I have seen natural unheated blue topaz and also
pink but it is quite rare. Chuck used to sell all kinds
of ‘topaz at other network. All of those were just a coating as well. The change in treatments to topaz came about because of a few things: breakage cost when heating topaz (to make it the various colors of blue), time in the furnaces (up to 2 years to make a London
Blue), overwhelming demand for the blue versions of
topaz because it’s the poor man’s version of sapphire and topaz is a much cleaner stone).
The confusion comes about when the seller doesn’t
disclose the treatments that the stone undergoes.
According to the law all sellers are supposed to tell
you in plain old English what you are buying
Last edited by Spooky 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
10 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 years ago

@Spooky Thanks Spooky! Excellent information and the important note that the seller must clearly stipulate the stones treatment in plain old English. Now I understand why the London topaz is more expensive than other colored topazes. Also I noticed a difference in prices and a variety of “ London blues “ for different London topazes. I have a few ( from other sellers) and their color is different. The ring I bought years ago and paid a higher price is the most beautiful I have among the London’s. I noticed the high -end of London topazes can be really expensive.
8 x

Spooky

You are right @Druid the London Blue’s
have become quite pricy. Part of the higher
pricing comes from high consumer demand for
this stone and also from the supply side as it can
be hard to find clean, clear topaz if it hasn’t
been found in the ground
Have a great evening
2 x