Not as it is portrayed.

Gem Lover

Not as it is portrayed.

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

Is V 1969 Real Versace?
As it turns out, despite its markedly similar name and location (both Versace and Versace 1969 are headquartered in Milan), Versace 1969 Abbigliamento Sportivo has no relation to or affiliation with the well-known Versace brand, and neither does it founder Alessandro Versace.Jul 26, 2018. The Gianni Versace brand has been using its registered "Versace" mark in fashion since 1978. Versace 1969 has no relation to Gianni Versace. Instead, it was started in 2001 by Alessandro Versace who is not related to Gianni or Donatella Versace. Instead, Versace 1969 is distributed by Milan-based In Moda SRL.

Versace 1969 is sold online as well as in two retail locations in Santa Monica and San Francisco. The brand announced it will open a third US retail location in Minneapolis' Mall of America.

According to La Moda Italiana's complaint, the Gianni Versace brand has been making "threats and harassment" about the use of the Versace mark that have tortiously interfered with La Moda Italiana's business. Allegedly retail partners including Bluefly.com have pulled Versace 1969 products to avoid being sued.

There already has been a trademark fight between these brands. Last June, Versace USA and Gianni Versace, S.p.A. filed a trademark infringement lawsuit in federal court in California. That case claimed consumers would be confused between the use of the Versace mark. That case is still pending.

It is likely La Moda Italiana will not prevail. The Versace mark is a strong registered mark that extends out of the fashion world. Versace 1969 does not own any federally registered marks at this time. There are no statements on its website distinguishing itself from the Gianni Versace brand which undoubtedly would confuse consumers.
14 x

Spooky

Re: Not as it is portrayed.

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Great info Gem Lover
7 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

GemLover.....great Google searching, thanks for sharing
I for one could care less about carrying around any bag from high fashion designers, it's just not me....I am not rich and even if I was you still wouldn't see one on my arm....but that is just me
These designers are so wealthy already so why should I contribute to that....ugh
What kills me is the way Mr. Rolex and Dionne carry on about these high dollar bags and the designer names etc.
They need to drop it down a notch....most of us are just trying to get through life and keep our heads above water ;)
12 x

Summer71

Post by Summer71 » 2 years ago

I don’t need an expensive handbag on my arm to shine. My personality does it for me. 😉
Last edited by Summer71 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
11 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

MaeWest1953 wrote:
2 years ago
I for one could care less about carrying around any bag from high fashion designers, it's just not me....I am not rich and even if I was you still wouldn't see one on my arm....but that is just me
These designers are so wealthy already so why should I contribute to that....ugh
What kills me is the way Mr. Rolex and Dionne carry on about these high dollar bags and the designer names etc.
They need to drop it down a notch....most of us are just trying to get through life and keep our heads above water ;)
@MaeWest1953 Gem Lovers post was great. I'm with you on the designer stuff. I carry a Brahmin handbag and it is absolutely one of the nicest bag I've owned. It's black leather with the embossed crocodile texture, it is beautifully made and a complete joy to use. It has a VERY small, inconspicuous label which makes understated. They make a LOT of styles, so finding a style to suit anyone would be easy. :)
5 x

MaeWest1953

Summer71 wrote:
2 years ago
I don’t need an expensive handbag on my arm to shine. My personality does it for me. 😉
Ok, I am returning the "thank you" now for giving me a good laugh just now :lol:
Just got in from my late night watering and checked the site, saw your other message to me and now I get to roll on the floor cause that is a perfect line!!
If you don't mind I have to steal it and text it to Dionne next time she is presenting "the money" handbags :)
For that matter I will have to use it when they do those ugly watches again and they go on and on about how many folks stop her to tell her what a stunning watch she is wearing!!
Yeah right.....
5 x

MaeWest1953

mpompadour wrote:
2 years ago
MaeWest1953 wrote:
2 years ago
@MaeWest1953 Gem Lovers post was great. I'm with you on the designer stuff. I carry a Brahmin handbag and it is absolutely one of the nicest bag I've owned. It's black leather with the embossed crocodile texture, it is beautifully made and a complete joy to use. It has a VERY small, inconspicuous label which makes understated. They make a LOT of styles, so finding a style to suit anyone would be easy. :)
I can't write you back without my name in red....@MaeWest1953 Your handbag sounds lovely and practical at the same time..I will check out their website when I get a chance.....ugh this comment is going to look crazy cause this weird
thing of my name keeps following everything I write so I am going to end my reply now.....I have tried to get rid of that......l@MaeWest1953
4 x

Summer71

MaeWest1953 wrote:
2 years ago
Summer71 wrote:
2 years ago
Ok, I am returning the "thank you" now for giving me a good laugh just now :lol:
Just got in from my late night watering and checked the site, saw your other message to me and now I get to roll on the floor cause that is a perfect line!!
If you don't mind I have to steal it and text it to Dionne next time she is presenting "the money" handbags :)
For that matter I will have to use it when they do those ugly watches again and they go on and on about how many folks stop her to tell her what a stunning watch she is wearing!!
Yeah right.....
Absolutely MaeWest1953 you can use this line whenever you want. You don’t need my permission at all.
As for the watches i agree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Summer71 you crack me up. Love your line :D
5 x

Summer71

Spooky wrote:
2 years ago