EZ Yogurt Maker & Starter Kit

Should the Starter Kits of 3 packs = 3 gallons - have FREE SHIPPING with the purchase at $9.99?

Poll ended at 4 years ago

Yes, no shipping! $9.99 for 3 packs is enough money to spend!
93%
No, charge for shipping!
7%

Total votes: 14

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: EZ Yogurt Maker & Starter Kit

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Lisa, do you like the product or did you send it back? That's too bad that it was ripped open and I hope ShopLC shipped you another one. The separate kit of 3 packs is what I think is too much. At presentation, they offered it at $5.99 shipping and handling - a rip off. Now, it's at $2.99 which I think is still too much as the price is $9.99 for THREE PACKS! HARD PASS.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Lisa, do you like the product or did you send it back? That's too bad that it was ripped open and I hope ShopLC shipped you another one. The separate kit of 3 packs is what I think is too much. At presentation, they offered it at $5.99 shipping and handling - a rip off. Now, it's at $2.99 which I think is still too much as the price is $9.99 for THREE PACKS! HARD PASS.
OtherSideOfTheTracks (I like the user name) Definitely $5.99 is too much for shipping. I just purchased the milk and will finally attempt to make the yogurt tomorrow. I really don't know why I purchased...thinking it was the Probiotics used during the presentation because I make yogurt in my Instant Pot. I paid the same price offered today and picked up an additional order of the probiotics and will update you on the outcome!
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
The Starter kit's price! You get 3 packs for $9.99! Plus they charge shipping and handling for $5.99! So we are really paying $15.99 for 3 packs/3 gallons! That is NOT a savings! If you buy more than one ($9.99 kit plust $5.99 shipping) - it's ridiculously overpriced at $15.99 then add on the price of three gallons of milk! Another $10.00. Not a savings!

A great idea but It's just too much to make this healthy yogurt. The starter kit should be with free shipping as it will be combined in shipping with the EZ Yogurt Maker. If it's shipped separately, then first class postage - but it should NOT be $5.99 per 3 packs to make the yogurt! Robbery!

Sad. Wish it make sense to buy. One more issue. Lactose free milk doesn't come in the gallon. Even the almond milk doesn't come in the gallon container. No mention of how to handle that issue as I asked on the live presentation.
Hi
The vote should be at 100%.
I ticked the wrong box earlier. 🙀
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

that's fine! thank you! I thought I set it up that you could change your vote if you wanted to - but I guess I didn't do it right! Thank you for participating tho!!! Have a wonderful night!
2 x

TC

Post by TC » 4 years ago

I have this yogurt maker and it is great
However, it is a drinkable tangy yogurt
You are not going to be eating this w a spoon out of a cup like grocery yogurt
Almond milk and similar will not become yogurt
It becomes a Kiefer like tangy drinkable beverage

That being said
I have figured out how to make it more similar to store bought yogurt
I take about 3 cups of milk out of the gallon and add 1 tablespoon of sugar in a pot
heat on stove so mixture is warm enough to dissolve 3 packets of gelatin
Let it cool to just warm not cold and pour it back in the gallon w the rest of the milk
Cap it and shake shake shake
Sleeve it and let it go for 8 hours or so
Transfer to wider open container
It is hard to squeeze the yogurt out of the small milk opening since yogurt will be thick
I put 2 tbsp of Jam of choice in my cup snd add my yogurt
It is almost like a fruit on the bottom yogurt
If the yogurt is lumpy (cause of the gelatin) i just hit it with a whisk or little battery powered coffee frother
3 x

TC

Post by TC » 4 years ago

TC wrote:
4 years ago
I have this yogurt maker and it is great
However, it is a drinkable tangy yogurt
You are not going to be eating this w a spoon out of a cup like grocery yogurt
Almond milk and similar will not become yogurt
It becomes a Kiefer like tangy drinkable beverage

That being said
I have figured out how to make it more similar to store bought yogurt
I take about 3 cups of milk out of the gallon and add 1 tablespoon of sugar in a pot
heat on stove so mixture is warm enough to dissolve 3 packets of gelatin
Let it cool to just warm not cold and pour it back in the gallon w the rest of the milk
Cap it and shake shake shake
Sleeve it and let it go for 8 hours or so
Transfer to wider open container
It is hard to squeeze the yogurt out of the small milk opening since yogurt will be thick
I put 2 tbsp of Jam of choice in my cup snd add my yogurt
It is almost like a fruit on the bottom yogurt
If the yogurt is lumpy (cause of the gelatin) i just hit it with a whisk or little battery powered coffee frother
By the way i forgot to say add the probiotics when the milk cools down right before you shake shake shake
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

TC, do you use the probiotics that ShopLC sells or do you get it somewhere else? I love the recipe and I thank you for it!
1 x

TC

Post by TC » 4 years ago

i have bought it from shop lc and direct from the vendor when shop lc is out
Price is usually better from shop lc
1 x