Mods please reply re Masoala Sapphire

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: Mods please reply re Masoala Sapphire

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Lauren wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
To the best of our knowledge, masoala Sapphire undergoes fissure filling and diffusion treatments. Content will be updated to correct any errors that may be listed.
Ah ok, glad I passed on purchasing it then. Please review the video in the listing...the host states it’s not fissure filled. That’s misinformation and I’m sure a number of customers purchased based on her statement thinking they bought a natural stone.
The video has been reviewed and will be pulled from the listing
0 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

When in doubt, make some research on line and then decide.What I found out: if a gem has a name like Masola etc than there are 99 per cent chances it's a heavily treated one with no value other than the fact you like it..
1 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

To the best of their knowledge??? Well that means that SLC knows about as much about their gemstones as we do.
That doesn’t seem right omg. :?:
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
According to articles I read, there is no set amount of glass that could be added. This article claims its more and more glass they are finding. Also the addition of glass makes the stone bigger and less stabile, with no real resale value. The stones look really pretty so as long as you enjoy wearing it, thats ok. Just handle with extreme care, like you would handle pearls. What surprised me to learn is that a vast amount of Burmese Rubies are FF with glass or Resin.
The diamonds that were on this week on SLC might have been enhanced. I asked several hosts if they were enhanced, and my question was ignored, so I think I got my answer. Plus the diamond studs had a EGL cert. worthless. Im surprised that Cheryl even mentioned the EGL cert. She is a GIA graduate, and knows EGL certs are way overgraded. I bought diamond solitaires from SLC about 2 years ago. It had a EGL cert which graded it as a SI2. My jeweler said at best its a i2. Big difference. I returned them.
The reason they are finding more and more glass is because the corundum being used was previously tossed aside or used in industry. Now that they know how to FF, their profit is higher and the stuff that would never have made it to market, does. Also, youve heard of "Old mine color"? Well, the longer a mine is in existence, the less quality you will usually have. In general.
1 x