Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post Reply
MaeWest1953
Posts: 401
Joined: 1 year ago

Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 4 months ago

Greetings to all and hope your Christmas was merryπŸŽ„

I finally broke down and bought a huge Baroque Pearl necklace several days ago that was beautiful and supposedly never meant to be on the show
Now I have never seen it and similar ones were always double the price so for my Christmas gift I placed it on 4 easy payments

So I won't mention names but the Male host kept telling us that this item WAS NEVER supposed to be in the studio or show!
Then the Female host kept repeating that the item was new 2022 inventory and she couldn't understand how this had happened

Next thing you know, Mr. R is on the phone talking like he was just checking with Amit to make sure it was ok to keep selling the necklace!
I felt like I was in a used car lot after I saw this go downπŸ˜ͺ
He proceeded to hmm and haw and finally ended the conversation with: they were not supposed to be selling a brand new item in the "year end clearance"

Do any of you ever see this kind of sales pitch in year end clearances?
I have heard hosts say in the past that they get excited when they see the line up in a meeting before air time so why would he act like he is speaking with The President of the company to obtain permission?
2 x

honey
Posts: 1380
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by honey » 4 months ago

@MaeWest1953
sorry that the table was turned on you.
1 x

MaeWest1953
Posts: 401
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 4 months ago

honey wrote: ↑
4 months ago
@MaeWest1953
sorry that the table was turned on you@MaeWest1953 Thank you, I have seen these shenanigans during the year...the fake surprised phone calls or appearances from the brass but in a year end clearance I would think they could just be "real " and not play Circus games πŸ˜ͺ
2 x

Summer71
Posts: 166
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by Summer71 » 4 months ago

MaeWest1953 wrote: ↑
4 months ago
Greetings to all and hope your Christmas was merryπŸŽ„

I finally broke down and bought a huge Baroque Pearl necklace several days ago that was beautiful and supposedly never meant to be on the show
Now I have never seen it and similar ones were always double the price so for my Christmas gift I placed it on 4 easy payments

So I won't mention names but the Male host kept telling us that this item WAS NEVER supposed to be in the studio or show!
Then the Female host kept repeating that the item was new 2022 inventory and she couldn't understand how this had happened

Next thing you know, Mr. R is on the phone talking like he was just checking with Amit to make sure it was ok to keep selling the necklace!
I felt like I was in a used car lot after I saw this go downπŸ˜ͺ
He proceeded to hmm and haw and finally ended the conversation with: they were not supposed to be selling a brand new item in the "year end clearance"

Do any of you ever see this kind of sales pitch in year end clearances?
I have heard hosts say in the past that they get excited when they see the line up in a meeting before air time so why would he act like he is speaking with The President of the company to obtain permission?
MaeWest1953 First of all i feel bad for how you felt.I don’t know about this channel but other channels openly tell their customers that they see the items for the show in advance and prepare for all the details about them including the price. This surprise thing and the theatrics i have never seen on any other shopping networks.
Between you and me i don’t believe a word they say.
6 x

MaeWest1953
Posts: 401
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 4 months ago

Howdy Summer71....
I left you a late Christmas greeting in another thread but you are here so I will say it again!
Hope you had a blessed Christmas day πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

Thanks for responding to my question, I was so perturbed by the shenanigans of THAT male host along with the bragging about talking to Amit
I am with you....I never see anything like this behavior on other shopping sites

Of course I enjoy watching the silliness of Michelle, it's refreshing and fun along with a couple of others like Adi
I love to laugh when watching them and yet at the same time I learn things about the product πŸ˜‰

The sad thing is this necklace is stunning in my opinion and I didn't need to see the "theatrics" of him to all who were watching....that item was selling fast!
(I stole your perfect word)
My opinion is that his behavior cheapened my purchase 😈

I realize that host always wants the camera on him however when selling such a beautiful item I just don't need to see such "bad acting" in order to make us feel that Shoplc made a huge mistake!!
Good grief πŸ™„
3 x

Summer71
Posts: 166
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by Summer71 » 4 months ago

MaeWest1953 wrote: ↑
4 months ago
Howdy Summer71....
I left you a late Christmas greeting in another thread but you are here so I will say it again!
Hope you had a blessed Christmas day πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

Thanks for responding to my question, I was so perturbed by the shenanigans of THAT male host along with the bragging about talking to Amit
I am with you....I never see anything like this behavior on other shopping sites

Of course I enjoy watching the silliness of Michelle, it's refreshing and fun along with a couple of others like Adi
I love to laugh when watching them and yet at the same time I learn things about the product πŸ˜‰

The sad thing is this necklace is stunning in my opinion and I didn't need to see the "theatrics" of him to all who were watching....that item was selling fast!
(I stole your perfect word)
My opinion is that his behavior cheapened my purchase 😈

I realize that host always wants the camera on him however when selling such a beautiful item I just don't need to see such "bad acting" in order to make us feel that Shoplc made a huge mistake!!
Good grief πŸ™„
Maewest1953 Thank you so much, Merry Christmas to you too.Hope you had a blessed one.
i totally understand how you must have felt. I am sure the necklace is really beautiful. But the problem is that mr R is always needy for attention when the item is that great and would sell on its own anyways but hey he wants the credit. I have yet to see him behave like that on $10 days. If you catch my drift.πŸ˜‰
2 x

Teachergirl
Posts: 180
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by Teachergirl » 4 months ago

@Mae@MaeWest1953
Personally I don't believe most of what they say. If you love the item buy and enjoy!. They truly go over the edge a times which is why I watch so rarely now and buy very little. They have no credibility.
3 x

MaeWest1953
Posts: 401
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 4 months ago

Teachergirl wrote: ↑
4 months ago
@Mae@MaeWest@Mae
Personally I don't believe most of what they say. If you love the item buy and enjoy!. They truly go over the edge a times which is why I watch so rarely now and buy very little. They have no credibil@Mae

Thanks for your nice and interesting reply Teachergirl and I am starting to notice more sales pitch shenanigans or maybe I wasn't paying attention as much then
So far I don't see it from that new gal...she seems okay
0 x

MaeWest1953
Posts: 401
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 4 months ago

Summer71.....I definitely get your drift🀣
0 x

Fluffus
Posts: 6
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: Just curious, how much should we believe?

Post by Fluffus » 4 months ago

Just tune out the "shenanigans." If you like the item, and you think it is a fair price, buy it. If you can check out similar items online while the live presentation is on, it will give you some idea of the true retail cost. You can always have it appraised or check it out after the fact. If you don't like it in person, or do not think it is worth the money, send it back. Considering gifts, I've bought well over two hundred things. I've sent maybe four back. Three were a set (bought separately) because I didn't like the color when I saw it up close and personal, one was broken, and one I just did not like. That's a pretty good record.
3 x

Post Reply