Returns not accepted.

mossybrick

Returns not accepted.

Post by mossybrick » 2 years ago

I actually posted this as a reply to another customers comment about all sales final. I will not be buying anything that is clearance unless it’s something that is very inexpensive. I purchased two items for Christmas gifts that were for family members and both over $100 each. I thought items could be returned until mid January. I guess I should’ve checked more closely to see if the items were clearance or not, and ShopLC‘s return policy. I did not realize that everything listed was clearance, even brand new, unworn items could not be returned. I found this new policy to be very confusing, because of the Christmas sale, and long return period. I ordered a Moissanite ring set for my sister and it is one size to big. She asked me to get her something else. I also ordered some moissanite earrings for my mother and they were larger in size. I returned both items both brand new and unworn. To my dismay when I checked on the return today, both items are NOT eligible for return, and are being returned to me! I have shopped at Shop LC for many years even before it was Shoplc, and never had an issue like this. I will shop elsewhere from now on. I have a store credit once I use it up I’m done. I also asked for a store credit for these items! I didn’t even ask for cash, I had planned on replacing the items here! Shoplc is NOT making good decisions FOR THEIR LOYAL customers, and in the end I believe it will cost them a lot more than accepting a few unused and unworn items. I have ordered thousands of dollars in items from Shoplc. It would be my suggestion before you purchase anything to make sure that it’s not a clearance item and possibly purchase with a representative.
4 x

Lulu

Re: Returns not accepted.

Post by Lulu » 2 years ago

With Shoplc, any item that is not full price is clearance and is not eligible for return. Of course, if it arrives damaged or not as portrayed then it is a different matter. I've seen items recently that haven't even had a penny taken off declared as clearance - so you get to pay full price and still not able to return it. Nuts.

Yes, they need to make their pricing policy abundantly clear for the consumer. Many places have sales prices and then they have clearance prices.
4 x

JILL760

Post by JILL760 » 2 years ago

I had a good experience with my returns in January. To be honest I was really worried because of all the negative feedback, but to my dismay it went really well. The hosts were telling people "Oh just order it, get it home if you don't like it return it by Jan.17th and you will get your money back" so I am surprised you didn't honor her returns.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 years ago

JILL760 wrote:
2 years ago
I had a good experience with my returns in January. To be honest I was really worried because of all the negative feedback, but to my dismay it went really well. The hosts were telling people "Oh just order it, get it home if you don't like it return it by Jan.17th and you will get your money back" so I am surprised you didn't honor her returns.
:lol: I don't think that came out the way it was intended. :lol:
1 x

mossybrick

I knew what you meant. :)
0 x

mossybrick

Jill I agree completely. Every time jewelry was on the air, The hosts all said you could return the items until January. I honestly had no idea these items were clearance. The price didn’t reflect it and those items are still being sold at the same price. I would’ve never purchased any of these items if I had known I would have an issue with returning items that didn’t work out for the gift receiver. I am still baffled that I even had an issue with this. I’m going to check with my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau to see if I can get a better resolution for these issues.
3 x

buyitall

Post by buyitall » 2 years ago

They should keep a large “All Sales Final” constantly on the screen during clearance. In the past it was tiny. This time it was larger but not continually on the screen. During the last clearance my sister walked through the den and saw something she liked and was going to buy when she came back from her bedroom. At that time there was nothing on the screen saying all sales were final. Thank goodness I had been watching for a while and told her. She didn’t buy. A new customer would not know this with nothing on the screen….and the hosts barely mention all sales are final during clearance. This is a problem.
4 x

mossybrick

Exactly and looking at the receipts, the two items I returned did not have clearance numbers. :| Too much hassle.
1 x

CaribbeanGirl

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 2 years ago

I do NOT know of any other home shopping networks that will NOT take back & Do NOT GIVE A Refund For Clearance items. Why is this one like this to their customers? I do not know if anyone that has seen my post about the shipping at their sister channel in England IF YOU CAN STREAM ON YOUR TV THE SISTER CHANNEL IS CALLED TJC. They have it set up where you can pay shipping for every item, OR YOU CAN PAY $7.99 A MONTH OR $79.99 A YEAR, But O BOY WE CAN PAY $29.00 FOR ONE DAY & BUY ALL THE ITEMS WE WANT TO. And You Can Order As Many Items That You Want, Why do we not have that offer here in the states????? I just do not get it, I watch it just to see the items they sell. I think the clothing they sale is SO MUCH NICER, it is not this one size fits most. Oh Yes we do have some free shipping here, if you are a wake at 2 in the morning, It is not right that the piece does not have free shipping all day. They also sell many more lower priced items than they do here. They are not always cramming $3,000 rings on you & $2,000 gold chains on us. It is great for the people than can afford them, they probably have a big credit card.They have nice make up, clothing lower priced items, I saw a air fryer on there yesterday.
3 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 2 years ago

I agree with Caribbeangirl about TJC. Sometimes I watch it from their website to see what they are selling in the UK. Some of the same items are sold at both SLC and TJC but TJC seems to have a much bigger inventory, much nicer clothes and shoes and they seem to have better deals. And the shipping offer is a plus. Too bad we can’t order from them and have it shipped to SLC in Texas to then be mailed to us, like stores here that have “ship to store” if the item isn’t in stock at your location.
3 x