Are my eyes playing tricks on me or what?

MaeWest1953

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or what?

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

Howdy everyone!!

On this past "under $10" Friday show February 11, the two hosts at 8:00 pm Pacific time were Kim and Mr. Rolex
Did anyone else see this show?
I ask that because they were sitting maybe 2 feet apart from each other and no social distancing at all🙄

So I figured Shoplc must have loosened some rules but then Saturday afternoon I was watching for a few minutes and the hosts were far apart again!
Now I am watching my favorite Michelle and Becky and it's 12:30 am Sunday morning and they also are far away from each other

Were my eyes deceiving me on Friday night or did Shoplc make some quick seating adjustments again?
I remember this show because they took off the under $10 programming two hours earlier to sell some lousy gold jewelry 😡
1 x

CaribbeanGirl

Re: Are my eyes playing tricks on me or what?

Post by CaribbeanGirl » 2 years ago

Hi Mae West 1953, No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. They did do that show together. I could not believe it either. Are they ever going to hire more hosts??? Some of the hosts say the same thing all the time, they need to come up with some new responses as to the different items they are showing. There is one host that it seems like it takes 2 hours to say ( Oh my goodness, look at this). We also have to listen to 2 hosts all the time. Why does there have to be 2 hosts all the time????????? They need to put one host on Tue. & Fri., & give us cheaper shipping. They have very cheap shipping at the sister channel in England, they only pay E 79.99 for the whole year as many items as you want to buy, or E 7.99 a month as many pieces as you want to buy. our shipping offer is $29.99, WHAT KIND OF DEAL IS THAT??? I sell items on ebay, I GIVE COMBINED SHIPPING TO SAVE MY BUYERS MONEY. If I can do combined shipping on much HEAVIER ITEMS WHY CANT SHOP LC Do That For Us?????? WHY DO WE NOT GET THIS OFFER HERE. On their website it looks like we buy WAY MORE items than they do in England. Why can we not get the get the same offer here???????? I stream & watch the sister channel, TJC, & the last couple of days it has not been streaming. I think they took it off of the stream here so we can not watch it here. But I have another way that I watch it. I do not know about all of you but I have to watch where my money goes, I do not like paying shipping of $15.00 for 3 items that weighs less than 9oz. There are sellers that do that on ebay, I do not like it at all when someone tries to make money off of shipping, I Will Not Buy From Those E BAY SELLERS.
2 x

MaeWest1953

Hello Caribbean Girl......

Thanks for letting me know what I saw was correct 😌
It was weird seeing them sitting so close together and irritating at the same time because their egos were battling each other!
Meaning that they wanted be the head talker on each item 🙄

I had no idea that we customers in the states could watch TJC in England 😉
Bet that was interesting but I am too cheap to pay for streaming as my cable bill is expensive already 😪
So is that 7.99 a month apply to us in the United States also and we can buy from them?
Guess I am a bit confused 😐

The two hosts is not helping either, so many times the interrupting ruins a good presentation!
We customers want to see more about the product and yet we are constantly being shown still graphics when one of the two hosts isn't talking!
Two people trying to sell their items is a hot mess and aggravating😪
0 x

MDK

Post by MDK » 2 years ago

So glad to see someone else is bothered about the videoagraphers! (what ever their titles are!) I heard they are trainees mostly, but darn! The graphics are on over load most the time. You said "when they arent talking" but its really annoying when its when the hosts ARE talking. And its constantly. Theyve corrected it some, but still needs improvement. If its a trainee, youde think a bit more training would be useful. I supose their trying. I know they are a newer shopping channel working out the "kinks". Just glad to know, Im not the only one it has bothered! Thanks!
2 x

MaeWest1953

Hi MDK....

I stand corrected....lol
My thoughts were supposed to include when they are also talking
It's so frustrating, especially when those graphics are enhanced and make the colors and size of the jewelry look deeper, more colorful and bigger 🙄

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I didn't know that trainees are the ones responsible for them
Shoplc has been around for years, they use to be the Jewelry Channel from what I understand

They have been using some subtle techniques to sell their wares and hopefully most viewers will catch on to the fact that these still shots are enhanced 😐
0 x

MDK

Post by MDK » 2 years ago

Maywest1953

Good Morning! I heard about the hiring of "new to the industry of videography " persons at Shlc from someone on the forum long ago. So, that would explain it I supose! Its frustrating when your a person who was raised with parents who always said, "You look at me when I speak to you!" And you find yourself trying so hard to look at the person speaking, asking you to look at them or the item theyre trying to show and your stuck staring at a video going back n forth back n forth and back n forth stilllll and you finally say out loud to your tv, "Im Trying!" !!!!!!! Laugh! Well, have a good day!
1 x

Serge

Post by Serge » 2 years ago

I really dislike it when the host is trying to show us earrings and the cameraman won’t go back to them!
3 x

MaeWest1953

Serge.....
I feel your pain!
Wish there was a way to contact the producers and tell them to lay off the graphics😡
So many times I want to see what the actual items look like in real time and these people move the live shot to the fake enhanced graphic

Those graphics use black lighting or something to that effect to make the colors look deeper and prettier
It's deceiving🙀
1 x