Buyer Beware!! No Recourse!!!

buyitall

Buyer Beware!! No Recourse!!!

Post by buyitall » 2 years ago

I won a Chanel No. 5 framed print on the auction site. When I received it I couldn’t believe it! There at the top of my beautiful print, sticking off the top of my print, was some kind of foam looking hanger! It sticks out ABOVE the print about an inch! Not only that it was stapled to the frame and the staples weren’t even all the way in! The frame of the print is black and that awful hanger is white! There’s no way to hide it! WHO is going to hang a pretty print on the wall with the 3 inch long white hanger showing at the top! I like auctions but the quality is missing many times with no recourse! So now I’ve got to figure out a way to fix this problem! When I went back to look at the pictures they had of my item on the site the hanger there did NOT look like mine! Misrepresented the item! Also, I won two seashell themed Mardi Gras masks. When I received them…in different boxes by the way…many shells and pearls had fallen off the masks! Again, no recourse here! When I order items from other shopping networks the quality of their items is better and they are packaged for protection better. I have NEVER…in over 20 years of buying from those networks..never, ever had to return an item because it was broken, damaged, inferior or misrepresented on their website!
4 x

Tothemoon

Re: Buyer Beware!! No Recourse!!!

Post by Tothemoon » 2 years ago

Just two days ago I bid and won one of the framed art prints so I guess in a week or two I’ll see what you are talking about. Can you cut the foam hanger off? I looked at a few of the prints up for auction now and it looks like SLC cut something white off of the back of each print before they photographed them. It looks like a white strap was attached to the back of each and they cut it off leaving a small piece attached to the back of the frame. As for quality of the auction items, I always have super glue and a tool kit handy and have had to use them quite often. I guess it’s a trade off for the savings I get from the auction site.
1 x