Eureka! I finally am seeing this new gal Hannah

Summer71

Re: Eureka! I finally am seeing this new gal Hannah

Post by Summer71 » 2 years ago

DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
MaeWest1953 wrote:
2 years ago
Gosh Catwoman48 and DiamondGoddess I missed that show!
I stay up late and enjoy Adi so I hope to never hear an off colored joke from him😪

This must be ok for the network because I have heard many rude, sexual and disparaging comments come out of the mouth of Mr. C to his coworkers 😕
Yeah, Mr C says weird stuff to the hosts and the crew, too.

He and Kim were showing lace kimonos and he kept heavily implying that women should wear them as a nightgown for a romantic evening.

He always goes just over the line to Ew! Cringe! territory and then won't let go.

It's like the place where hosts go to die, weird desperation vibes.

;)
Did he happen to throw “wine” and “patchouli” into the mix because the presentation of kimonos is incomplete without these two suggestions.
6 x

TulsaDave

Post by TulsaDave » 2 years ago

She is cool just tries to imitate the host she is co-hosting with. I laughed real hard when she was presenting some vegan leather purses/handbags and kept talking about the smell of the "leather". Was so hilarious :lol:
4 x

DiamondGoddess

Post by DiamondGoddess » 2 years ago

Summer71 wrote:
2 years ago
DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
MaeWest1953 wrote:
2 years ago
Gosh Catwoman48 and DiamondGoddess I missed that show!
I stay up late and enjoy Adi so I hope to never hear an off colored joke from him😪

This must be ok for the network because I have heard many rude, sexual and disparaging comments come out of the mouth of Mr. C to his coworkers 😕
Yeah, Mr C says weird stuff to the hosts and the crew, too.

He and Kim were showing lace kimonos and he kept heavily implying that women should wear them as a nightgown for a romantic evening.

He always goes just over the line to Ew! Cringe! territory and then won't let go.

It's like the place where hosts go to die, weird desperation vibes.

;)
Did he happen to throw “wine” and “patchouli” into the mix because the presentation of kimonos is incomplete without these two suggestions.
:lol:

Yes, as a matter of fact, he did!

They were showing kimonos again yesterday and he was more subtle in his suggestive comments.
4 x

DiamondGoddess

TulsaDave wrote:
2 years ago
She is cool just tries to imitate the host she is co-hosting with. I laughed real hard when she was presenting some vegan leather purses/handbags and kept talking about the smell of the "leather". Was so hilarious :lol:

I swear I saw Kim say recently that vegan leather is "rare".
7 x

MaeWest1953

Post by MaeWest1953 » 2 years ago

Hello guys, All of your comments are cracking me up😂
Summer71 ......the wine and patchouli reference was so right on!!
Now that I have seen Ms. H with Mr. CC I wonder if she has overwhelmed Ms. K yet?
4 x

ChrisB74

Post by ChrisB74 » 2 years ago

DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
Catwoman48 wrote:
2 years ago
Thanks, DiamondGoddess. For a moment there I thought I was losing it. So he does this regularly? My goodness.
Yep, and I'm surprised they let him.

I'm sure most of their customers are women plus it's weird watching his female cohosts grin and bear it.

I recently Googled home shopping host salary and was shocked at how low it was.

He cracks jokes like that all the time, I couldn't cohost with him.
@DiamondGoddess

That's funny because I also looked up how much they make about two weeks ago and was incredibly surprised at how low it is!

I have noticed some of the male hosts saying super cringe things, but I've also noticed that, in order to sell things, the women will say things that imply they should defer to men. Things like, "Oh, you know, you want X product (like a mop implying guys don't use mops, etc.). I know my husband loves coming home to a clean floor." Things like that. It's like this shopping network is from the 50's. Or maybe it's just my perception.
3 x

ChrisB74

Post by ChrisB74 » 2 years ago

Catwoman48 wrote:
2 years ago
I have yet to catch up with Hannah, still trying. But I was watching Clearance on Saturday night, very late. Adi was on with Jessica, I think it was, and he was clearly feeling no pain. He made a very, very crude joke :shock: and repeated it so she wouldn’t miss it! She ignored him, of course.

Is this acceptable to the network? I am no prude, but I found it very offensive, especially in a TV shopping environment. Subject was the word “clock,” and then it got worse. Could find no place on the website to (1) start a new chat on this subject or (2) lodge a complaint with the higher-ups. Just a yucky experience. Hannah couldn’t top that, I am sure.
@Catwoman48

I was watching Adi with Stacy a couple of weeks ago and he started talking about breast milk (I don't remember the context, unfortunately), but Stacy just gave this look and said, "Why are you telling me this?". It was pretty awkward. I'm also surprised that they aren't cognizant of who their audience is or their co-hosts.
4 x

DiamondGoddess

ChrisB74 wrote:
2 years ago
DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
Catwoman48 wrote:
2 years ago
Thanks, DiamondGoddess. For a moment there I thought I was losing it. So he does this regularly? My goodness.
Yep, and I'm surprised they let him.

I'm sure most of their customers are women plus it's weird watching his female cohosts grin and bear it.

I recently Googled home shopping host salary and was shocked at how low it was.

He cracks jokes like that all the time, I couldn't cohost with him.
@DiamondGoddess

That's funny because I also looked up how much they make about two weeks ago and was incredibly surprised at how low it is!

I have noticed some of the male hosts saying super cringe things, but I've also noticed that, in order to sell things, the women will say things that imply they should defer to men. Things like, "Oh, you know, you want X product (like a mop implying guys don't use mops, etc.). I know my husband loves coming home to a clean floor." Things like that. It's like this shopping network is from the 50's. Or maybe it's just my perception.
They are really hustling for low pay and no commission!

Yes, there is definitely a weird "Gotta get and keep a man" vibe in some of the sales techniques.

I am perfectly comfortable buying myself Fine Jewelry so that archaic stuff is really odd to me.

Their perception of their customer base is incorrect, imo.

I guess they feel they have to highlight a supposed customer lack that they can fill

And breast milk jokes?!

I can just see Stacy putting Adi in his place, :lol: , God knows he sometimes needs it.

I generally like him as a host but management needs to seriously rein in his mouth, it reflects badly on the company.
5 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 2 years ago

ChrisB74 wrote:
2 years ago
Catwoman48 wrote:
2 years ago
I have yet to catch up with Hannah, still trying. But I was watching Clearance on Saturday night, very late. Adi was on with Jessica, I think it was, and he was clearly feeling no pain. He made a very, very crude joke :shock: and repeated it so she wouldn’t miss it! She ignored him, of course.

Is this acceptable to the network? I am no prude, but I found it very offensive, especially in a TV shopping environment. Subject was the word “clock,” and then it got worse. Could find no place on the website to (1) start a new chat on this subject or (2) lodge a complaint with the higher-ups. Just a yucky experience. Hannah couldn’t top that, I am sure.
@Catwoman48

I was watching Adi with Stacy a couple of weeks ago and he started talking about breast milk (I don't remember the context, unfortunately), but Stacy just gave this look and said, "Why are you telling me this?". It was pretty awkward. I'm also surprised that they aren't cognizant of who their audience is or their co-hosts.
@Catwoman48

Are you serious???? Breast milk jokes? How low can he go without getting fired? Isn’t management watching? Is it because they all come from the same culture and don’t find these “jokes” offensive? I certainly do, and hate to see Adi’s female co-hosts put in a powerless situation where they have to grin and bear it. How mid-century - the 20th, not the 21st - and backwards. Appalling. I am disappointed that the network does nothing to tone him down. I would expect crude jokes on Saturday Night Live, not ShopLC.
2 x