Price Comparisons

ChrisB74

Price Comparisons

Post by ChrisB74 » 2 years ago

I was always curious how legitimate those price comparisons are, but tonight they were showing a comparison, but the screenshot they captured still had the company credit card for Shane Co. a local jeweler here in WA state. I looked up the item and found it on their website. So, if anyone was also curious about the price comparisons they at least appear that they're legitimately looking up real comparisons! Here's the link if you're curious:

https://www.shaneco.com/necklaces/chain ... p/41090100

I apologize if we're not allowed to post links, but the Community Guideline link is broken so I couldn't find the rules.
2 x

DiamondGoddess

Re: Price Comparisons

Post by DiamondGoddess » 2 years ago

ChrisB74 wrote:
2 years ago
I was always curious how legitimate those price comparisons are, but tonight they were showing a comparison, but the screenshot they captured still had the company credit card for Shane Co. a local jeweler here in WA state. I looked up the item and found it on their website. So, if anyone was also curious about the price comparisons they at least appear that they're legitimately looking up real comparisons! Here's the link if you're curious:

I apologize if we're not allowed to post links, but the Community Guideline link is broken so I couldn't find the rules.
Interesting!

It seems they usually choose ridiculously high price comparisons to me.
6 x

Chicago

Post by Chicago » 2 years ago

Their starting prices are way over-priced also, as well as their comparisons.
3 x

DiamondGoddess

Chicago wrote:
2 years ago
Their starting prices are way over-priced also, as well as their comparisons.
Yes!

Multi-thousand dollar starting prices on jewelry that's not worth anywhere near that.

I really think that's why they do all the yelling and descending auctions so people get all hyped up and don't realize they are overpaying for stuff.

:lol:

I deliberately watched the 10 ct diamond bracelet that was supposedly from Blue Nile.

I correctly guessed their bottom price and better deals can be found online.

:D
3 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 years ago

It seems so obvious they are giving over priced items as “starters”it’s all a joke.I never believed in their fake comparisons.
1 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 years ago

It seems so obvious they are giving over priced items as “starters”it’s all a joke.I never believed in their fake comparisons.
0 x

ChrisB74

Post by ChrisB74 » 2 years ago

DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
ChrisB74 wrote:
2 years ago

Interesting!

It seems they usually choose ridiculously high price comparisons to me.
Well, that's a different, but completely true conversation. lol I'm just glad they're not straight up lying to us!
0 x

DiamondGoddess

Yeah, they do at least show actual item pages from other sites.

:D
0 x