Returns

joy51

Returns

Post by joy51 » 2 years ago

Does anyone know what the average time for processing returns?? They received mine on 3/29/22 and I still don't have my refund.
1 x

Chicago

Re: Returns

Post by Chicago » 2 years ago

I don't think that it unusually long. In that amount of time, they might not have even received your return. It does take quite a while.
0 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 2 years ago

ALWAYS check tracking on your end when returning items with the prepaid label. I was reviewing purchases/returns over the weekend. To my horror, I found that not one, but two, jewelry items I returned in March - a week apart - had been picked up by USPS at my home, scanned into the system, and then disappeared! One item was very expensive. How could the postman pick up a package at my condo complex, drive down the hill a mile or so to the local post office, and the package disappear? It would appear something is really wrong in my town.

Customer service was outstanding. In both instances they confirmed from their end that the packages had been “lost” and issued refunds. So always make sure you use tracking to make sure your return package was actually delivered to ShopLC before you start looking for a refund. I was truly shocked. I return many items, since these days I only shop online/TV. 99.9% of them reach their destination without incident. I am usually issued a refund within a day or two of the package being received.
0 x

DiamondGoddess

Post by DiamondGoddess » 2 years ago

I returned 2 things recently and they said they are just now processing returns from 3-21!

They keep kindly pushing the one BudgetPay payment forward which I really appreciate.

Mine have not shown up as returned yet, but they did get to their city.
0 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 2 years ago

DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
I returned 2 things recently and they said they are just now processing returns from 3-21!

They keep kindly pushing the one BudgetPay payment forward which I really appreciate.

Understandable that they would be backed up with returns. That was what I thought when I saw my bank account had not been credited. That led me to check Tracking for the returned items to make sure they reached their destination. When you see that the package has been picked up and scanned and then no further tracking is available from that point, it usually means the package has been lost. Poof!

If you can track your package to Austin, you still need to be able to verify delivery to the street address. We are lucky to be in the age of electronic tracking. USPS Tracking doesn’t lie. If the door-to-door delivery doesn’t show up, I guess that is what insurance is for. Still upsetting to have expensive jewelry “lost in the mail.”

I shipped 10 big boxes from a Southern state to New York State three years ago via Fed Ex Ground. My brother had just died and my daughter and I packed up his doll collection - he was an eBay entrepreneur for several years, but overestimated the market and most of them were unopened in their boxes - to ship to a mutual friend, a doll artist and collector, who would sell them on eBay. One of the boxes only made it to New Jersey, end of the road. I was not able to be reimbursed, because we had little time to pack and no time for an inventory. I had absolutely no way to value the contents, so I was unable to make a claim. No idea what was in that specific box, and absolutely no way to assign a value, since they had not yet been sold. I am still incredulous that a big carton of plastic dolls just disappeared in the wilds of New Jersey. Fed Ex made it extremely difficult to even speak to a live person, and they botched up the claim process in every way. No way to follow up and have someone search the facility where it was “lost.”
0 x

DiamondGoddess

Post by DiamondGoddess » 2 years ago

Catwoman48 wrote:
2 years ago
DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago

Understandable that they would be backed up with returns. That was what I thought when I saw my bank account had not been credited. That led me to check Tracking for the returned items to make sure they reached their destination. When you see that the package has been picked up and scanned and then no further tracking is available from that point, it usually means the package has been lost. Poof!

If you can track your package to Austin, you still need to be able to verify delivery to the street address. We are lucky to be in the age of electronic tracking. USPS Tracking doesn’t lie. If the door-to-door delivery doesn’t show up, I guess that is what insurance is for. Still upsetting to have expensive jewelry “lost in the mail.”

I shipped 10 big boxes from a Southern state to New York State three years ago via Fed Ex Ground. My brother had just died and my daughter and I packed up his doll collection - he was an eBay entrepreneur for several years, but overestimated the market and most of them were unopened in their boxes - to ship to a mutual friend, a doll artist and collector, who would sell them on eBay. One of the boxes only made it to New Jersey, end of the road. I was not able to be reimbursed, because we had little time to pack and no time for an inventory. I had absolutely no way to value the contents, so I was unable to make a claim. No idea what was in that specific box, and absolutely no way to assign a value, since they had not yet been sold. I am still incredulous that a big carton of plastic dolls just disappeared in the wilds of New Jersey. Fed Ex made it extremely difficult to even speak to a live person, and they botched up the claim process in every way. No way to follow up and have someone search the facility where it was “lost.”
Sorry to hear about your brother.

It is always anxiety producing to deal with shipping.

As I always say to the Concierge in my building, "It's their ONE job!" to deliver packages correctly!

:lol:

It is indeed baffling how a huge box can vanish into thin air.

I literally pray when I order jewelry from anywhere!

:D
0 x