Look out Mr. C...THERE'S A NEW PLAYER IN TOWN

DiamondGoddess

Re: Look out Mr. C...THERE'S A NEW PLAYER IN TOWN

Post by DiamondGoddess » 2 years ago

I was up late last night buying a 3 ct diamond gold * ring elsewhere and caught Hunter on the overnight.

I recognize him from his last hosting job and wonder why he left.

I like him, he brings a fresh energy and wasn't doing too much yelling.

I would also love to know why Amit left, I always enjoyed his on air appearances and vibe.

I don't watch much on air shopping but when I flip by, I never see $10 items elsewhere.

I wonder how much profit SLC makes overall per year.
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 2 years ago

That would be Gem Shopping Network. I though his voice sounded familiar, from somewhere. That is a weird shopping channel that I never did understand. The prices are super high and I was not sure if you were supposed to call and place a bid, or that was the price. And the men are strange and never really talk gem talk. That station reminds me of a estate sale auction. Or, like these guys are playing cards on the side, smoking cigars and doing shots of whiskey. If he comes from there, I'm not expecting much.
Saw him and Deanna late last night. Not impressed, and now I know why I felt like not watching. Have any of you tried Botox? Some people use too much, and it sure makes one's face not move, frozen, and can really look odd when your eyes and forehead don't move when you "try" to smile. :|
4 x

DiamondGoddess

colljoe wrote:
2 years ago
That would be Gem Shopping Network. I though his voice sounded familiar, from somewhere. That is a weird shopping channel that I never did understand. The prices are super high and I was not sure if you were supposed to call and place a bid, or that was the price. And the men are strange and never really talk gem talk. That station reminds me of a estate sale auction. Or, like these guys are playing cards on the side, smoking cigars and doing shots of whiskey. If he comes from there, I'm not expecting much.
Saw him and Deanna late last night. Not impressed, and now I know why I felt like not watching. Have any of you tried Botox? Some people use too much, and it sure makes one's face not move, frozen, and can really look odd when your eyes and forehead don't move when you "try" to smile. :|
It is a different vibe on that channel and I don't entirely get if one is supposed to bid, either.

I love the superabundance of bigger glamour pieces they have and wonder where they get all of it.

I am in the entertainment industry and am never touching my face!

There are a couple of Botox victims on SLC, imo; it's a no for me.
2 x

Lacy

Post by Lacy » 2 years ago

New guy Mr. Hunter does yell. He talks then winds up for the finish and shouts giving the price. Why.? He did so good until the price being revealed. Just talk. Energetic is not screaming to where his face turns red.. At 4am-5am. Not cool. Again, turned it off.
6 x

Catwoman48

Post by Catwoman48 » 2 years ago

DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
colljoe wrote:
2 years ago
It is a different vibe on that channel and I don't entirely get if one is supposed to bid, either.

I love the superabundance of bigger glamour pieces they have and wonder where they get all of it.

:lol: So funny that no one can figure out the Gem channel! No, there is no bidding. If they give a price on air, that’s it, you pay that price, period. However, many of the items - sometimes an entire turntable - are “Call for off-air price,” usually followed by “It will be a good one.” So unless the turntable itself is labeled with a single price or a range, your only choice is to call to find out the price. Helluva way to do business.

They must spend a lot of time and money at estate sales. They do seem to have an unending supply. But there are “new” items, too, most with firm prices, really high ones. Where do those come from? Wholesalers? Pawn shops? Funeral parlors? Dunno. We are given only the most cursory details of each item, so it would seem one would have to pay for an appraisal after purchase, assuming returns are allowed. Out of my price range, so I will never know.

It is a strange setup on that channel. Almost like a super secret poker game or a coverup for something illegal.
2 x

DiamondGoddess

Catwoman48 wrote:
2 years ago
DiamondGoddess wrote:
2 years ago
colljoe wrote:
2 years ago

:lol: So funny that no one can figure out the Gem channel! No, there is no bidding. If they give a price on air, that’s it, you pay that price, period. However, many of the items - sometimes an entire turntable - are “Call for off-air price,” usually followed by “It will be a good one.” So unless the turntable itself is labeled with a single price or a range, your only choice is to call to find out the price. Helluva way to do business.

They must spend a lot of time and money at estate sales. They do seem to have an unending supply. But there are “new” items, too, most with firm prices, really high ones. Where do those come from? Wholesalers? Pawn shops? Funeral parlors? Dunno. We are given only the most cursory details of each item, so it would seem one would have to pay for an appraisal after purchase, assuming returns are allowed. Out of my price range, so I will never know.

It is a strange setup on that channel. Almost like a super secret poker game or a coverup for something illegal.
I actually did call in once quite awhile ago on a big diamond bracelet.

The kid on the phone quoted a high price and then tried to pressure me into buying!

:lol:

Their rough and tumble vibe reminds me of a lot of the jewelers and gem dealers I've known, I kind of dig it.

:D

Serious hard commercial energy, a poker game (or fence) is a great analogy.
2 x